Where should I go on Vacation...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
👍👍

I prefer bourbon, but I approve.


We will consume a lot of Crown Royal.. The outing will kick off with shots of American Honey... Wild Turkey Liquer... mix of Wild Turkey with pure honey...not bad actually.
 
If I'm ever in a bar in El Paso...I'll drink Dos Equis... because I want to be like the most interesting man in the world...and stay thirsty my friends..

I love the Most Interesting Man in the World!

He cracks me up, as he should.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We will consume a lot of Crown Royal.. The outing will kick off with shots of American Honey... Wild Turkey Liquer... mix of Wild Turkey with pure honey...not bad actually.

Whiskey and Bourbon are different!

Speaking of the nectar of the gods -who wants to come down this way and do a tour of the Bourbon distilleries in Kentucky?
 
Whiskey and Bourbon are different!

Speaking of the nectar of the gods -who wants to come down this way and do a tour of the Bourbon distilleries in Kentucky?

My best friend from Middle School...whom I haven't seen since 1985 is moving to KY in a month...I'll be visiting him...
 
My best friend from Middle School...whom I haven't seen since 1985 is moving to KY in a month...I'll be visiting him...

dude, I was born in 1983. You're OLDE!

Residency has turned me into a lush. Can any of your kids drive yet?
 
dude, I was born in 1983. You're OLDE!

Residency has turned me into a lush. Can any of your kids drive yet?


Dudette... I was in 10th grade in 1983... and was driving..
My kids are 4 and 10... they can drive a golf ball.. 👍
 
There is a difference between being heard and being able to hear...you know.
HAHA! That's how I learned how to tune stuff out... well... living in Germany that is, not Toronto. 😛

To be honest, that may have been the most useful thing that I had learned over there, because it helped me later with studying, working in noisy environments, etc. 😎
 
Boston is very pleasent in September., but very expensive. Lots of things to do in and around the area.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Roma!
everywhere you go they speak enough english to get by. Its safe. it was cheap. italian women are gorgeous.
go somewhere worth going and live a little. see the world. You will never want to travel around the US and call that a "vacation" again.
 
Come to NYC. Check these places out...

Peter Lugar steak house (for 2, costs about 100... but you will get the best damn steak there is) in Brooklyn, NYC

Paul's burger at St Marks, NYC (20 for two people) followed by continential pub (10 shots for 5 dollars...), and then from there, you can either do any fine NYC pubs where you can try out a lot of good beer/ale/lager/etc, or wine places or visit Jap town at get some yakitori.

Harvest Buffet in Flushing NYC (50 for two people including tips and tax for dinner) or Minados or whatever it is called in Manhattan followed by shopping in Flushing or 34th street.

Tacos at any Elmhurst Joints (dirt cheap...), best time to get it is right off the plane before going to your hotel since Elmhurst is near Laguardia airport.

Le veau D'or (romantic okay pricing French restaraunt where the menu hasn't changed since it opened in early 1900s. The stuff you find here will be extinct soon once this place closes. These are the stuff you see in old French cookbooks) followed by walk with wife to Central park.

There are also great ice cream places (Ciao bella, etc) and bakeries (Magnolias), Italian pastries in little Italy (Ferrars), etc.

Check out Museum of Natural history plus IMAX space show, Intrepid, and Museum of Modern arts, Lower East side Tenement museum, and MTA transit Museum.


Dont forget the Bronx Zoo or the Aquarium followed by Coney Island (a few fun rides) and original nathans hot dogs.

If you want, feel free to take the bus out to the Hamptons for some good old fishing/fresh sea food, wine tasting/fresh grown food, and scenary. Hamptons is NYC's version of Napa Valley plus good eastern fishing.

Avoid the usual tourists areas... ie Statue of Liberty.

If you need more selling, I can go on forever.
 
Last edited:
Sep 18 - 27.

Gimme suggestions.

Spain, Germany, England, France, Itay, or Japan are all good picks.

Note: I never been to Germany or England, but the others are great places to go for sure!
 
Late September is the start of the Velvet Season on the Mediterranean... nice, but way too expensive.

NYC is grossly overrated. The city lacks personality and unique character. But I have seen far too many megapolises in my life and I am jaded.

Boston or San Francisco would be my pick in US. And I just went to Quebec, that was very nice, so that's another North American option.

In Germany, that would be right in time for Oktoberfest, if you are into large, overrated, tourist traps. But there are great many nicer beer festivals going on in the area at the same time. So for a week, I would go to Munich with side trips to Salzburg and Innsbruck.

Heck, I can think of so many places, I never had a question of where to go in my life. 😀
 
"@?" Man...twitter has ruined the internet. But I ain't a beach person...

At least the beach is better than camping. I went camping ONE time and it was the biggest nightmare! Worst that working as a pharmacy tech. :laugh: At least I am IN DOORS at work and don't have to sleep on the ground! 🙄
 
At least the beach is better than camping. I went camping ONE time and it was the biggest nightmare! Worst that working as a pharmacy tech. :laugh: At least I am IN DOORS at work and don't have to sleep on the ground! 🙄

you don't know how to camp....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Personally, I get bored spending a whole week in one place, unless its Vegas. I would recommend a cruise, different port every day or every other day depending on what kind of trip you pick. The Mexican Riviera has been my favorite thus far. Always something to do on the boat; great food (generally), plenty of bars, and numerous other activities.
 
Montreal hands down if your going to visit a city. It has one of the best downtown nightlifes in all of North America!!!!!!!
 
Come to NYC. Check these places out...

Peter Lugar steak house (for 2, costs about 100... but you will get the best damn steak there is) in Brooklyn, NYC

Paul's burger at St Marks, NYC (20 for two people) followed by continential pub (10 shots for 5 dollars...), and then from there, you can either do any fine NYC pubs where you can try out a lot of good beer/ale/lager/etc, or wine places or visit Jap town at get some yakitori.

Harvest Buffet in Flushing NYC (50 for two people including tips and tax for dinner) or Minados or whatever it is called in Manhattan followed by shopping in Flushing or 34th street.

Tacos at any Elmhurst Joints (dirt cheap...), best time to get it is right off the plane before going to your hotel since Elmhurst is near Laguardia airport.

Le veau D'or (romantic okay pricing French restaraunt where the menu hasn't changed since it opened in early 1900s. The stuff you find here will be extinct soon once this place closes. These are the stuff you see in old French cookbooks) followed by walk with wife to Central park.

There are also great ice cream places (Ciao bella, etc) and bakeries (Magnolias), Italian pastries in little Italy (Ferrars), etc.

Check out Museum of Natural history plus IMAX space show, Intrepid, and Museum of Modern arts, Lower East side Tenement museum, and MTA transit Museum.


Dont forget the Bronx Zoo or the Aquarium followed by Coney Island (a few fun rides) and original nathans hot dogs.

If you want, feel free to take the bus out to the Hamptons for some good old fishing/fresh sea food, wine tasting/fresh grown food, and scenary. Hamptons is NYC's version of Napa Valley plus good eastern fishing.

Avoid the usual tourists areas... ie Statue of Liberty.

If you need more selling, I can go on forever.

A bus to the Hamptons? That'll take a while to get there. I'd suggest the LIRR. Might even wanna go all the way out to Montauk.

Actually, I've never been to the Hamptons or Montauk even though I've lived in NYC for 16 years and Nassau County for 6 years.
 
Hmmm....PIT-->ATL-->DrivetoAuburn-->ATL-->YUL-->PIT...only $676 for the whole airfare trip...nothing but direct flights...tickets are available on Auburn's website for $55 a pop...Betterbidding.com show Priceline hotels for all locals can be had for under $80 a pop....


....hmmm....hmmm, I say, hmmm...

Wow...same trip, sub in NYC...only $304...damn, son...that aint bad...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting brave I see. Questionable form on that swing. Right shoulder out of position and right heel off the ground. Better keep practicing!


Squeeze me?

tigerp.jpg



jgolfswing.jpg