Where should I go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which Long Island program

• NYIT BS/DO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stonybrook BS/MD

Votes: 17 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr.J.D

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nyit bs do or stonybrook bs md
Stony has all the pros except nyit cuts off a year but stony has better requirements better research better tuition better environment and it's md
What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You have the rest of your life to work, 1 year of extra study in a superior environment is not a dealbreaker.

Reactions: 1 users
could I still apply to different med schools and still stay in this program?
anyone else have feedback?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know Wayne's BS/MD program allows you to apply out. You'll have to check with Stonybrook's program, I am not familiar with it.

Nyit bs do or stonybrook bs md
Stony has all the pros except nyit cuts off a year but stony has better requirements better research better tuition better environment and it's md
What should I do?

It depends on your professional goals. If you want to do something in primary care, and don't care about the "prestige" of an MD, then either will do the trick.

However, if you want to do something like orthopedics or neurosurgery, then I recommend the BS/MD as it will make your life much easier.

Remember though that both of these are very competitive programs. Have a back up plan just in case, and be 100% sure medicine is what you want to do because this has not versatility outside of medicine

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No honestly nyits program actually sucks. No one matriculates into the med school.

Its a DO school and its more expensive

I guess i made my decision

Lol really? That ****ing sucks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
yea and just the college is 33,000 per year and med school 50,000 stony is way less and is a way better school. Im still interested in pediatrics either way though. Do you know if pediatrics has prestige?