Where should I intern? Im a p1.

Started by Yaksa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yaksa

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be a P1 this coming fall in Philly.

Do you guys have any suggestion where I should start working as an intern?

I am currently contacting CVS for an internship, but Im kinda afraid that I might have to work with CVS for rest of my career.

If I start my internship with CVS, I guess I cannot get another internship with competing chains (walmart, target, rite aid etc.) right?

Do you suggest having a hospital internship first?
 
You have to ask yourself what you would like to do Hospital or Retail? If you want to see what hospital is like I would try that first because usually after you intern at Retail they expect you to come back.
 
Like above poster: if you want to try hospital do it first - may be more difficult to get a position than a retail counterpart. And potentially will pay more/help with tuition depending on the institution (this is not the case with every institution of course). Though, I believe Target used to help with tuition as well... I don't know if they still do (confirmation?)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apply to both. They won't materialize at the same time. And when you have the opportunities to work both, take them both on. Eg, alternating weekends at each place. 2 internships also allow you to make more money during breaks, look great on resume, and experience for any career path you end up choosing.
 
Apply to both. They won't materialize at the same time. And when you have the opportunities to work both, take them both on. Eg, alternating weekends at each place. 2 internships also allow you to make more money during breaks, look great on resume, and experience for any career path you end up choosing.
I think that is the best way! Thank you