Where should i scrounge a last minute LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b2sun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was expecting a very good letter of rec from a professor ive been with for over 2 years, but me and him recently had a falling out due to some issue. Now I'm kind of short on letter of rec options, and my school (UCSD) doesnt have a premed comittee to write letters. It's also my last quarter at school, so i dont think i have the time to get to know another professor well enough to ask for another letter, what should I do???:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Did you work during college at all? I am planning to use a supervisor from my current job (health care related) for an LOR. Any volunteer programs?

Well I've got another letter from a professor and one from my PI, but i was hoping to get another professor's LOR too since it seems like most schools want 3 letters. Besides the two i already have, im looking for a third one =(

It sucks cuz i thought i had all this already in the bag, i took 6 classes with this professor!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well if you're specifically looking for another professor I'm not sure exactly how anyone on here could give you advice about it. You'll just have to find the next best professor (in terms of your relationship/closeness with them) and ask away

Sorry i wasnt very clear on what i was asking, and probably made it more confusing with my followup, lol.

What i meant was i was HOPING to get 2 professors and a PI letter, but now that i cant get the second professor's letter, i need to get one from elsewhere!

I was wondering where i should get that last one, since I dont have a "real" job (i was a TA, but thats the same professor as the one that im not getting a LOR from). Is there any good way to get a letter of rec quickly from someone real fast, is basically my question. I was thinking of doing shadowing and getting a letter from the physician, do you guys think that would be a good idea or are those letters not very good?

If you did well in a class you can just ask the prof. That's what I did, my teachers didn't know me that well but I shot them an e-mail asked to meet with them, we talked for a little bit and they said they'd be willing to write it up for me.

Shoot out enough e-mails to teachers and you're sure to get one that'll say yes or at least offer to meet with you.