This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepatho

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a third year biology undergrad applying this 2019 cycle, and am struggling on deciding where the right places to apply to are, considering there are so many choices and I've had conflicting opinions from different people on where I should. Here are some of my stats:

-roughly 3.8 overall GPA and science GPA
-I take my MCAT May 19th, and I am not predicting the greatest of scores based off my practices so far (lets say between 507-512 on official?)
-hundreds of hours of research on traumatic brain injuries w/paper in the process of being published
-shadowed 4 different type of doctors in the ER, OR, and general clinical setting (hundreds of hours all together)
-weekly volunteering for local police department
-paid tutor at my university in general chemistry
-paid job training horses during high school, as well as voluntary working/training horses at a different facility
-was an early admit student (started college a year early full time will still finishing last year of high school online)
-awarded several scholarships for academic excellence through HS and college

I think I have strong enough extracurricular outside of college, but I worry about my MCAT score dragging me down.

Please let me know what you think and what would be some good places of applying where I might have a good chance of getting in!

THANK YOU!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all. I'm a third year biology undergrad applying this 2019 cycle, and am struggling on deciding where the right places to apply to are, considering there are so many choices and I've had conflicting opinions from different people on where I should. Here are some of my stats:

-roughly 3.8 overall GPA and science GPA
-I take my MCAT May 19th, and I am not predicting the greatest of scores based off my practices so far (lets say between 507-512 on official?)
-hundreds of hours of research on traumatic brain injuries w/paper in the process of being published
-shadowed 4 different type of doctors in the ER, OR, and general clinical setting (hundreds of hours all together)
-weekly volunteering for local police department
-paid tutor at my university in general chemistry
-paid job training horses during high school, as well as voluntary working/training horses at a different facility
-was an early admit student (started college a year early full time will still finishing last year of high school online)
-awarded several scholarships for academic excellence through HS and college

I think I have strong enough extracurricular outside of college, but I worry about my MCAT score dragging me down.

Please let me know what you think and what would be some good places of applying where I might have a good chance of getting in!

THANK YOU!

for the record, and people are probably going to tell you this, you should have your MCAT score before coming on here to ask for help on schools. it's a waste of time to speculate

otherwise, your research and shadowing are good, but do you have clinical volunteering?