Where to Apply???!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shanf7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm really confused where to apply. I need some suggestions big time. Here are my stats...

GPA 3.65 in engineering
BCPM: 3.65
MCAT: Waiting for score, but lets assume in 28-32 range

Any suggestions??????? Please!:D

Members don't see this ad.

What state are you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
ok looks my thread has been overlookedddddd :eek:

Apply to all your state schools and basically and broadly.

Ever consider D.O.?

Apply to all your state schools and basically and broadly.

Ever consider D.O.?

Yup I'm considering it. Do you guys have any good resources that I could take a look at to determine which schools to pick?

the reason this thread isnt getting much action is that we cant help you very much.... you have to start doing the research Buy an MSAR, and put every school on a list, and start to cross them off.

- cross off most state schools--look at out of state acceptance rates.
- do you want urban? rural? suburban?
-where do you want to be? east coast? west coast? middle? south?
- what are your interests? primary care? research? a specific specialty?
- DO vs MD?
- pick a mix of mid range schools for your stats and some reach schools. MSAR should give you all the numbers you need to figure that out.
- read SDN threads about schools-- there is a LOT of info on this forum.

that should narrow you down to at the most 30 schools. then you just start cutting based on (???) down to about 20 schools.

good luck, its a long process, but not too bad =)

This is a place to start. It's not perfect, but it can be a guide.

http://www.studentdoc.com/medfind.html

This thing is trash. I played with it and concluded that it makes your GPA only 1/4 of your application while each of the MCAT sections take up another 1/4. It said a 2.7 with a 30 MCAT is competitive at many places. We all know that you will go nowhere with that.

Ok I'm really confused where to apply. I need some suggestions big time. Here are my stats...

GPA 3.65 in engineering
BCPM: 3.65
MCAT: Waiting for score, but lets assume in 28-32 range

Any suggestions??????? Please!:D

You should be good, depending on ECs and LORs. Apply to about 15-20 schools, def. UVA and MCV...EVMS too.