General Admissions & OTCAS Where to complete my pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HI OT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey OT peeps,

So really want to be able to apply to school this coming fall however I still need to take Anatomy and Physiology + lab before the application period. However, my state colleges don't offer them during the summer. Does anyone know of any good online schools to complete these classes by fall? Perhaps a 2-term summer school? I'm looking into doing A&P concurrently at Johns Hopkins University this summer. Does anyone have any experience with their online classes? If so, how are they?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I had a good experience taking them during the 2 summer terms of my local community college. Very affordable if you're around one. I think they also offered online and hybrid formats. Might be worth looking into.

I had a good experience taking them during the 2 summer terms of my local community college. Very affordable if you're around one. I think they also offered online and hybrid formats. Might be worth looking into.

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately my community college is quite small and doesn't offer them in the summer ): Do you mind telling me the name of yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you can check into the small private schools around you to see if they offer accelerated classes. I know of one on the West coast called Southern California University of Heath Sciences. They offer month long classes that only meet on the weekends.

If you're taking online classes for A&P, just make sure that the schools you're applying to accept that. A lot say they don't, but if you dig a little you might find something.

I went to the USC MOT info session in person and followed up with an email for a list of acceptable colleges they accept prereqs from. If you're doing it in person, I'm pretty sure all accredited community/junior colleges are accepted at all MOT programs. I checked my email for ONLINE A&P for you from USC that they accept. It seems to be for Anatomy only, though--University of New England ANAT1005 or Colorado State University BMS 310.

But again, always double check with the universities you plan to apply to. I'm pretty sure almost all of them prefer or require it to be in person WITH lab.