Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who don't know, you must have a medical license from some state, any state, by the end of your PGY-2 year in order to practice medicine in the military. I would assume GMOs have to be licensed also.
I have started to do some research on this using the FSMB website, but found it entirely tedious to search the requirements of every state. I thought I'd see if anyone out there has already looked into this and would share their knowledge. From what state is it the cheapest and easiest to obtain a license? I've anecdotally heard many residents who license in Indiana as it is a $250 application fee, then $200 every 2 years. Are there any comparable or better deals out there?
I have started to do some research on this using the FSMB website, but found it entirely tedious to search the requirements of every state. I thought I'd see if anyone out there has already looked into this and would share their knowledge. From what state is it the cheapest and easiest to obtain a license? I've anecdotally heard many residents who license in Indiana as it is a $250 application fee, then $200 every 2 years. Are there any comparable or better deals out there?