Where to stay for UCSF interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LuckyStar13

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me out with this.
I will have my interview at UCSF on 2/4 and I am looking for nearby hotel/motel/bed & breakfast where I can stay for the night before the interview. UCSF provided a list of nearby hotel and it seems like Carl's Hotel is the closest one to school (& most affordable too) and it's within walking distance. So I am wondering for people who have been to UCSF for interview or live in the SF area, can you please tell me if Carl's Hotel is a good place to stay (although I have to park my car overnight at a public parking in the golden gate park)? If not, any recommendations? I am hoping to spend less than 100 dollars for the hotel.
Also, is it hard to find parking on the day of the interview?

Thanks a lot in advance! 🙂
 
LuckyStar13 said:
I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me out with this.
I will have my interview at UCSF on 2/4 and I am looking for nearby hotel/motel/bed & breakfast where I can stay for the night before the interview. UCSF provided a list of nearby hotel and it seems like Carl's Hotel is the closest one to school (& most affordable too) and it's within walking distance. So I am wondering for people who have been to UCSF for interview or live in the SF area, can you please tell me if Carl's Hotel is a good place to stay (although I have to park my car overnight at a public parking in the golden gate park)? If not, any recommendations? I am hoping to spend less than 100 dollars for the hotel.
Also, is it hard to find parking on the day of the interview?

Thanks a lot in advance! 🙂

I have an interview that day too. I asked the same question in this forum a few weeks ago, and several people recommended the Carl Hotel, so that's where I've made my reservation. I'm not from the area, so I don't know anything about parking. See you in a couple weeks!
 
Thank you very much for your reply, Snailman. I guess I should have been more careful in searching the thread before posting. Sorry about that. I am just really nervous about having to drive up to SF from LA and would like to get everything planned out before the trip. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LuckyStar13 said:
Thank you very much for your reply, Snailman. I guess I should have been more careful in searching the thread before posting. Sorry about that. I am just really nervous about having to drive up to SF from LA and would like to get everything planned out before the trip. 😛

Just a bit of a warning, parking is very difficult to find at UCSF (the free parking at least!). The parking garage is okay if you want to pay. Usually I take the MUNI there. Hope to see both of you there, what time are your interviews? Mine is at 8 AM.
 
blizz said:
Just a bit of a warning, parking is very difficult to find at UCSF (the free parking at least!). The parking garage is okay if you want to pay. Usually I take the MUNI there. Hope to see both of you there, what time are your interviews? Mine is at 8 AM.

8AM