Quantcast

Where to stay for UCSF interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuckyStar13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me out with this.
I will have my interview at UCSF on 2/4 and I am looking for nearby hotel/motel/bed & breakfast where I can stay for the night before the interview. UCSF provided a list of nearby hotel and it seems like Carl's Hotel is the closest one to school (& most affordable too) and it's within walking distance. So I am wondering for people who have been to UCSF for interview or live in the SF area, can you please tell me if Carl's Hotel is a good place to stay (although I have to park my car overnight at a public parking in the golden gate park)? If not, any recommendations? I am hoping to spend less than 100 dollars for the hotel.
Also, is it hard to find parking on the day of the interview?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

snailman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
LuckyStar13 said:
I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me out with this.
I will have my interview at UCSF on 2/4 and I am looking for nearby hotel/motel/bed & breakfast where I can stay for the night before the interview. UCSF provided a list of nearby hotel and it seems like Carl's Hotel is the closest one to school (& most affordable too) and it's within walking distance. So I am wondering for people who have been to UCSF for interview or live in the SF area, can you please tell me if Carl's Hotel is a good place to stay (although I have to park my car overnight at a public parking in the golden gate park)? If not, any recommendations? I am hoping to spend less than 100 dollars for the hotel.
Also, is it hard to find parking on the day of the interview?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

I have an interview that day too. I asked the same question in this forum a few weeks ago, and several people recommended the Carl Hotel, so that's where I've made my reservation. I'm not from the area, so I don't know anything about parking. See you in a couple weeks!

LuckyStar13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply, Snailman. I guess I should have been more careful in searching the thread before posting. Sorry about that. I am just really nervous about having to drive up to SF from LA and would like to get everything planned out before the trip. :p

blizz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
LuckyStar13 said:
Thank you very much for your reply, Snailman. I guess I should have been more careful in searching the thread before posting. Sorry about that. I am just really nervous about having to drive up to SF from LA and would like to get everything planned out before the trip. :p

Just a bit of a warning, parking is very difficult to find at UCSF (the free parking at least!). The parking garage is okay if you want to pay. Usually I take the MUNI there. Hope to see both of you there, what time are your interviews? Mine is at 8 AM.

snailman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
blizz said:
Just a bit of a warning, parking is very difficult to find at UCSF (the free parking at least!). The parking garage is okay if you want to pay. Usually I take the MUNI there. Hope to see both of you there, what time are your interviews? Mine is at 8 AM.

8AM

LuckyStar13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine is at 9 am. Good luck to all of us!