SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Where to work

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Halaljello, Mar 16, 2001.

  1. Halaljello

    Halaljello Hot Oil 10+ Year Member

    Mar 15, 2001
    Chicago, IL USA
    After Dental school, what options are usually available for graduates besides having your own practice? Anyone know?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dante60

    Dante60 Member Physician 10+ Year Member

    Jan 24, 2001
    Boston, MA
    I don't know first hand, as I'll be entering class of 2005 in August, but as far as I know you can do the following:

    -Become an associate at another practice
    -Get your AEGP (I think that's the acronym) where you go do a residency for a year
    -You can get your specialist in any number of interesting fields (ie. Orthodontistry, endodontistry, oral and maxillofacial surgery, etc.)
    -You can research

    Realistically, you can do whatever you want within the confines of the healthcare system. Ask around, ask your dentist, ask professors.

    Good luck!


Share This Page