where's it all going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwtaylor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
psychology rocks, indeed it does. i used to want to be a neuroscientist, then my goals changed and matured quite a bit and now im a social work major. i used to want to go to medical school, now i pretty much want to get my phd in clinical psych and maybe law school, because i enjoy the intersections of those fields, and also the seperate aspects of them. i would love to do research, teach, and treat. i've read alot of doomsday prophecies about the field of clin psych, things like masters therapists making phd's and psyds nearly obsolete in the future. lets put my plans for law school to the side and focus on my phd/psyd. is this even a good idea? i see alot of people saying that its a bad idea, doesnt pay well, and isnt worth the time spent earning the degree. What are the prospects for a phd with an even amount of teaching and private practice in the northeastern u.s. namely PA/NJ? and regardless of how a jd would enhance my prospects i will probably do it anyway to satisfy my interests, but what kind of effect would that have on my prospects? im aware of the posts on phd/jd on this board, but im being geographically specific here.

Members don't see this ad.