Which allows more exposure to attendings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackinabox1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the option of an outpatient rotation vs inpatient consult service rotation. Which rotation will allow me the most exposure to heme onc faculty? I'm assuming outpatient as you'd have many onc attendings seeing patients during the day vs inpatient where there is likely only one assigned attending. Am I correct in this assumption?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the option of an outpatient rotation vs inpatient consult service rotation. Which rotation will allow me the most exposure to heme onc faculty? I'm assuming outpatient as you'd have many onc attendings seeing patients during the day vs inpatient where there is likely only one assigned attending. Am I correct in this assumption?
Outpatient definitely

Is this a med student, resident or fellow rotation? What is your ultimate goal from this rotation?

Regardless of the answers to these (relevant) questions though, oncology (other than BMT/Cellular Therapy) is an outpatient specialty, so outpatient is the way to go unless you're super interested in transplant (which you might think you are...and then you do it).