Which Atlantic Bridge Graduate Entry Program is the best for "mature" students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NevadaNuc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I sincerely apologize if this has been hashed out already...I'm a long time lurker, but only just created an SDN account. I have a bachelor's degree and am currently finishing up my master's. I have a few years of work experience under me and I'm looking to enter medical school in 2017. I'll be 28 years old when I hope to start.

I will apply this summer to Atlantic Bridge along with a several US schools. I was wondering which Irish grad entry programs tend to have the most people around my age and up. I know I'm still a 20-something, but I would like to be able to network with people of a similar background. I'm sure many of you can relate.

At US schools, "mature" students are more common, but graduate entry in Ireland could still mean first years are 21 and just finished their undergrad degrees. I am wondering, which schools, if any, show any trends of supporting slightly older students? Limerick's video claims to have an "adult" focus, but what about UCC, UCD and RCSI?

Thank you ahead of time for your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I sincerely apologize if this has been hashed out already...I'm a long time lurker, but only just created an SDN account. I have a bachelor's degree and am currently finishing up my master's. I have a few years of work experience under me and I'm looking to enter medical school in 2017. I'll be 28 years old when I hope to start.

I will apply this summer to Atlantic Bridge along with a several US schools. I was wondering which Irish grad entry programs tend to have the most people around my age and up. I know I'm still a 20-something, but I would like to be able to network with people of a similar background. I'm sure many of you can relate.

At US schools, "mature" students are more common, but graduate entry in Ireland could still mean first years are 21 and just finished their undergrad degrees. I am wondering, which schools, if any, show any trends of supporting slightly older students? Limerick's video claims to have an "adult" focus, but what about UCC, UCD and RCSI?

Thank you ahead of time for your feedback!

Limerick only has graduate entry medicine, so no undergrads there. At UCD and RCSI, the graduate entry students are mixed with undergraduate 6 year program students who went to med school straight out of high school. We do clinical rotations, lectures and everything with them for the last 2 years and they are ~21 entering the clinical years. I'd say RCSI has more "mature" north americans than UCD does; we have a few more mature Irish students. Not sure what the class composition of Limerick is like, but again, they don't have any undergraduate students that get mixed in.

Reactions: 1 user
I think UL would be a decent option. The match rates from that school look phenomenal, it runs its school in the PBL style which may be slightly more suitable for those who have a more independent learning style.

Reactions: 1 user