Which book do you carry in your pocket?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sella.turcica

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanna carry a peds book with me in the hospital. Harriet lane seems too heavy. Any suggestions for a quick reference when it seems inappropriate to pull out the phone (and using up-to-date)? There is a new edition of pocket pediatrics but not sure if it's any good.

Thanks for your thoughts.
 
What level are you?

Resident? Get an IPad that you can look up stuff on rounds with. I can’t think of a single time when looking something up was frowned upon as long as it was made clear that that’s what you were doing, which is easier with an iPad than a phone.

Med student? I like the Philadelphia Guide more than Harriet Lane. Thinner, but still small enough to shove in a white coat.