Which Dental school is the most FUN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dart

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which Dental school is the most FUN? I know they are all hard and hard to get into but which school do students get along with eachother the best and go out all the time when they can together?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

How could anybody possibly know? Nobody has been to two different dental schools so nobody can compare..

Define FUN in Dental school first!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The girls in dental school where I go look fun, if that helps.

The one I went to cause I'm super sweet.

Where do people come up with these questions...? Not knocking on just the OP, but kinda scary that our future professionals ask silly questions.

I honestly don't think that there is anyway to answer that question, since so much of what determines what might make a dental school "fun" to a person has to do more often than not with how that person will interact with the students in one's class. And you could (theoretically atleast) have that same group of students matriculate at basically any d-school around the country.

And FYI, most d-school admission committees do atleast on some level consider the potential group interaction dynmaics of a class as their doing interviews and deciding who to send acceptance letters to (afterall the faculty have to "put up" with the students for 4 years also ;) :D )

Dental school will be what you make of it and the people you hang around. I have a good time (almost) everyday.

I've had a lot of fun here. New York's a great place to be while you're in your 20's.

I've had a lot of fun here. New York's a great place to be while you're in your 20's.
This. Not to mention the big class size means you're sure to find your kind of crowd here.

NYC would be top in term of fun obviously because you never run out of things to do and food carts to eat from. Boston has more than 100 colleges and universities along with its 300,000 youthful student population. SF is pretty fun. LA is fun too but takes way too long driving anywhere.

you also need to remember that what one person finds "fun" others might find it just pure dreadful.....

now if your asking, which dental school gives you that undergrad "fun" feeling, where you are partying most of the time.... I don't think any healthcare school is like that lol.

i love all the indirect answers people give to this question. hopefully my answer might actually help. i can honestly say that the best thing about ohio state is the people in our class. we get together on a regular basis outside of school and have a great time. whether its golfing, playing bball, fishing, going to dinner, going out to bars, etc. we have a lot of fun together. yes, i'm sure these activities take place at every dental school, but i wouldn't trade the people in my class for anything. i feel like the admissions crew does a great job selecting "normal" (i know none of us can be considered 100% normal!) people who aren't going to spend every hour of the day with his/her nose in a book. don't get me wrong, it is very important to study and learn, but it's also important to have a life and keep your sanity. i hope this response helps you out.

thank you prohunter7mv, that helped. So you recommend OSU? Do you know of any other schools like it? Indiana, Kentucky...Nova?

I second Prohunter. Im KY dental student and as one of the "social chairs" for my class I can tell you we do a lot together (dinners, tailgaiting/sports events, intramurals, bars, and organized trips out of state). It really depends on the type of classmates you have. I'd write more but PH pretty much summed it up.

i love all the indirect answers people give to this question. hopefully my answer might actually help. i can honestly say that the best thing about ohio state is the people in our class. we get together on a regular basis outside of school and have a great time. whether its golfing, playing bball, fishing, going to dinner, going out to bars, etc. we have a lot of fun together. yes, i'm sure these activities take place at every dental school, but i wouldn't trade the people in my class for anything. i feel like the admissions crew does a great job selecting "normal" (i know none of us can be considered 100% normal!) people who aren't going to spend every hour of the day with his/her nose in a book. don't get me wrong, it is very important to study and learn, but it's also important to have a life and keep your sanity. i hope this response helps you out.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'd second that for UNC. The admissions committee does a pretty fantastic job of selecting a group that gets along. Since you're spending every day together for four years, it's important that the group can mesh well with each other, faculty, and patients. I like ALL my classmates. All of them. Random chance alone should imply that I'd dislike at least 1 of 80, but I like them all.