Which dental schools have gym within/close to the school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted904921

hi guys! when i get to dental school, i want to be able to continue working out and stuff so do you guys know which schools HAVE gyms and which don't?

right now, all i know is that rutgers doesnt have a gym in their school.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Minnesota. Block away.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol

Pretty sure every school is gonna have a gym

As mentioned, Rutgers does not have a gym. However, there is a small gym on the block (Four Seasons) that is supposedly pretty cheap. Students also go to Planet Fitness or Retro in the area.

When I visited Harvard, it seemed like they had extensive space and equipment for activities. Rock-climbing, cardio equipment, courts, weights, everything.

(p.s. please don't choose a school based on the presence/quality of the gym)

Reactions: 1 users
You choose a school that has a gym and later you will find that you won't even have time to work out.

Doesn't seem like the most important decider for dental schools, every city has a gym..... but... Pitt has a gym for students next door to the dental school ;)

UKCD has one right across the street with an Olympic sized pool.

Most schools have a campus rec center close to the school. Michigan has one about a block away.

Alternatively you could stash some dumbbells under your sim lab bench.

649A21A8-94B0-46D7-A969-14CF3EB9C763.jpeg

Just wear these all day in class and call it good.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 2 users
OSU has like 6 gyms, a couple olympic pools, blah blah blah. Its more than you could ask for. You definitely have time to workout while in school, except for the weeks where multiple exams fall within a few days. Sometimes professors hate the gainz gods and mock them openly.

Members don't see this ad :)
OSU has like 6 gyms, a couple olympic pools, blah blah blah. Its more than you could ask for. You definitely have time to workout while in school, except for the weeks where multiple exams fall within a few days. Sometimes professors hate the gainz gods and mock them openly.
They're just jealous of you, my beautiful babies, aren't they? Yeshh they aaaare *kisses biceps*

I can’t believe this is a deciding factor

Typical SDN! Someone just ask an honest question and all the sudden they're the son of satan.

Reactions: 4 users
Lately it feels like SDN c. 2004ish

you could always make homemade weights with stuff around the house. Save money and be in shape all at the same time!

I was hinting at the idea that dental students who spend the most time at the gym are usually the ones who are going for OMFS

Perhaps everyone has forgotten the Shake Weight
giphy.gif

Just carry it with you on campus, you'll prob make tons of friends while getting a sick workout.

Reactions: 3 users
You for sure have enough time to go to the gym! I go 4-6 times a week depending on how busy the week is. And all schools will have a gym close by.

Last edited:
I know both Marquette and Midwestern-AZ have a gym on campus.

LECOM does not have any type of gym on campus.

Temple has a gym on campus.