which DO School to apply? Help please!?!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished up my AACOMAS. I really don't know the differences between the different DO Schools. PLEASE HELP ME. If you have opinions, or information that you gathered via interviews, it would greatly help me!

FYI ... gpa 3.3 mcat 28 & 24.

Thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Not to sound harsh but you might want to do a little research on the AACOMAS website. They list every DO school and there are weblinks that go to those particular websites. You might also want to use the search engine at the bottom of the screen to search for a particular school and a thread about it. Each school offers somthing different just like any medical school. I think it would help if you had a specific question that the search or website couldn't answer.

Your grades and mcat should give you a shot at any do program, except maybe state schools if you are not a resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you live? Are you interested in rural healthcare? Primary care? Very competitive residencies? (maybe KCOM or PCOM) Are you trying to get a residency in California. (maybe COMP) Interested in Anesthesia (maybe NYCOM). Want a school with a very long track record and history: (Maybe KCOM, or PCOM). Want to go to a newer up and coming school without a long track record: (VCOM, AZCOM) If you ask some specific questions you might get some good info.

Here is a listing of the schools: DO Schools

While AZCOM is new, we have been around since 1995. VCOM (2002), PCSOM (1997), and TUCOM (1997) are the newest DO schools (with the shortest track records--whatever that is meant to imply).

The other people are right, asking specific questions about specific schools will get you more valuable feedback. Good luck.

Thanks y'all for your input. I'll look into this stuff further and post questions. I apologize for the general questions, but, I get your drift.