Which DO schools should I apply for? Any MD Chance? HELP PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

money101

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
TX Resident
Biology and Business Administration Double Major (science gpa 3.2, overall gpa 3.3)
Masters in Healthcare Administration + taking some Upper-level Electives in Biology and Neuroscience at UT Dallas

Bio Classes That I will have taken before graduation with masters (next semester):
Neuropathophysiology (THIS SEMESTER)
Cognitive Nueroscience(THIS SEMESTER)
Immunology (NEXT SEMESTER)
Biochemistry 2 (retake) (NEXT SEMESTER)
HIV Biology (NEXT SEMESTER)

MCAT SCORE: 126 (C/P), 127 (CARS), 127 (B/B), 126 (PSY/SOC) (506 total)

Extracurriculars:

1 yr working as a Pharmacy Technician
7 months working as a Medical Scribe
1 yr as cashier at convenient store
250 hours volunteering at a Thrift Store
Co-Founder of Childrens School Initiative club on campus (treasurer for 2 semesters)
1 Semester as a Research assistant for UTD center for BrainHealth [did mostly bench work :( ]

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to all DO schools. Your stats are great.
As for MD, TX schools are your best friend. GPA is kinda low for MD

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to all DO schools. Your stats are great.
As for MD, TX schools are your best friend. GPA is kinda low for MD

do you think it will matter if i got a 22 the first time I took it if I justify a reason for my low score?
(due to a long-term illness that I wasn't aware of at the time?)

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think it will matter if i got a 22 the first time I took it if I justify a reason for my low score?
(due to a long-term illness that I wasn't aware of at the time?)
What were the two month/year date of the two MCATs? I think time and distance from the old MCAT might help.

I was hoping to make a list so that I could apply this upcoming may. :/

Sounds good, I thought you wanted to apply this cycle. In any case, submit early in May and apply broadly. That should yield an acceptance.

TX Resident
Biology and Business Administration Double Major (science gpa 3.2, overall gpa 3.3)
Masters in Healthcare Administration + taking some Upper-level Electives in Biology and Neuroscience at UT Dallas

Bio Classes That I will have taken before graduation with masters (next semester):
Neuropathophysiology (THIS SEMESTER)
Cognitive Nueroscience(THIS SEMESTER)
Immunology (NEXT SEMESTER)
Biochemistry 2 (retake) (NEXT SEMESTER)
HIV Biology (NEXT SEMESTER)

MCAT SCORE: 126 (C/P), 127 (CARS), 127 (B/B), 126 (PSY/SOC) (506 total)

Extracurriculars:

1 yr working as a Pharmacy Technician
7 months working as a Medical Scribe
1 yr as cashier at convenient store
250 hours volunteering at a Thrift Store
Co-Founder of Childrens School Initiative club on campus (treasurer for 2 semesters)
1 Semester as a Research assistant for UTD center for BrainHealth [did mostly bench work :( ]
I would say MD is a bit of a long shot with your GPA, but you should be okay for most DO schools. If you're planning on applying now, do so extremely quickly to increase your chances of an acceptance. Good luck to you.