Which is better? higher TS or AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitingame

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys thought would be better having a higher TS vs AA example TS:19 and AA: 18 or an TS:18 and AA:19. I know its really not that big of a difference but wasnt sure which would be better. I would assume it would be better to have a higher TS since science courses is basically all we take in dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering what you guys thought would be better having a higher TS vs AA example TS:19 and AA: 18 or an TS:18 and AA:19. I know its really not that big of a difference but wasnt sure which would be better. I would assume it would be better to have a higher TS since science courses is basically all we take in dental school.

TS 18, AA 19 may be better IMO. While TS18 and AA19 show that you probably got avg score of 19~20 for RC and QR, TS 19 and AA 18 show that the avg was about 17 or less.

TS 18, AA 19 may be better IMO. While TS18 and AA19 show that you probably got avg score of 19~20 for RC and QR, TS 19 and AA 18 show that the avg was about 17 or less.

Agree! AA 19 and TS 18 is better than TS19 and AA18. Schools use AA to calculate the students standing along with GPAs, not TS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not basing my claim on all schools since each school has its own formula. For example San Antonio is using: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[science GPA x DAT-A Score/30 x 4 + Overall GPA] x 50 = Overall Score.
Of course not all schools are the same, and most of them will not disclose that information. Another example is the waitlist.

ttom - so based on your post this school doesnt even look at PAT or TS?
Does anyone else have formulas to share?

O no, they(all dental schools) do look at PAT and TS. Even though San Antonio do not list PA and TS in their formula, you don't want to bomb those sections.
I think Baylor and San Antonio pretty much throw out the PAT score(though it might changed since I applied).
It's just that AA is more important. AA tells if the person is well rounded, whereas TS is only for sciences.

O no, they(all dental schools) do look at PAT and TS. Even though San Antonio do not list PA and TS in their formula, you don't want to bomb those sections.
I think Baylor and San Antonio pretty much throw out the PAT score(though it might changed since I applied).
It's just that AA is more important. AA tells if the person is well rounded, whereas TS is only for sciences.

I don't know about San Antonio. But I am sure Baylor doesn't care about PAT score.

I dont think any of the school in Texas cares bout the PAT, and most do not care about the QR portion either. Us Texans are lucky :D!

are all of you guys from texas? does anyone know about schools outside of TX