1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This Wednesday we're hosting our first-ever Instagram takeover with UF College of Dentistry student, Carson. Follow along to get a glimpse of life as a D1, ask questions and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Which is better? higher TS or AA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by waitingame, Jun 22, 2008.

1. waitingame

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I was just wondering what you guys thought would be better having a higher TS vs AA example TS:19 and AA: 18 or an TS:18 and AA:19. I know its really not that big of a difference but wasnt sure which would be better. I would assume it would be better to have a higher TS since science courses is basically all we take in dental school.

2. Bruinlove

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    TS 18, AA 19 may be better IMO. While TS18 and AA19 show that you probably got avg score of 19~20 for RC and QR, TS 19 and AA 18 show that the avg was about 17 or less.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ttom

2+ Year Member

Agree! AA 19 and TS 18 is better than TS19 and AA18. Schools use AA to calculate the students standing along with GPAs, not TS.

4. Sbosu

Sbosu Member
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    How do you know this is true and what exactly do you mean by it

5. ttom

2+ Year Member

I'm not basing my claim on all schools since each school has its own formula. For example San Antonio is using: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [science GPA x DAT-A Score/30 x 4 + Overall GPA] x 50 = Overall Score.
    Of course not all schools are the same, and most of them will not disclose that information. Another example is the waitlist.

6. eldirty

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    ttom - so based on your post this school doesnt even look at PAT or TS?
    Does anyone else have formulas to share?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ttom

2+ Year Member

O no, they(all dental schools) do look at PAT and TS. Even though San Antonio do not list PA and TS in their formula, you don't want to bomb those sections.
    I think Baylor and San Antonio pretty much throw out the PAT score(though it might changed since I applied).
    It's just that AA is more important. AA tells if the person is well rounded, whereas TS is only for sciences.

8. Danny289

Danny289 Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I don't know about San Antonio. But I am sure Baylor doesn't care about PAT score.

9. Thundercatz

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I dont think any of the school in Texas cares bout the PAT, and most do not care about the QR portion either. Us Texans are lucky :D!

10. eldirty

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    are all of you guys from texas? does anyone know about schools outside of TX