Which is better studying for PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mohammed1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am using chad videos to study for o chem, gen chem, and quantitative. I am using barron's ap bio to study biology, and using DAT destroyer for questions and pearson practice exams.

I wanted to get other sources for verbal and writing, do you think crack the pcat or mastering the pcat would be better?

Also I can't afford collins review unfortunately, so do you think using these above sources would be enough or do you think getting the collins review would make more difference than those sources.

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup:If You want to crack the PCAT exam then keep some points in your mind

which are mentioned below

Practice Test Papers
Clarify All Your Doubts
Get Rid Of Your Test Anxiety
Read Your PCAT Course Materials Thoroughly
Inculcate Time Management Skills
Decide Your Priorities
Select The Right Kind Of Study Place
:thumbup:

I am using chad videos to study for o chem, gen chem, and quantitative. I am using barron's ap bio to study biology, and using DAT destroyer for questions and pearson practice exams.

I wanted to get other sources for verbal and writing, do you think crack the pcat or mastering the pcat would be better?

Also I can't afford collins review unfortunately, so do you think using these above sources would be enough or do you think getting the collins review would make more difference than those sources.
Get Dr Collins PCAT study packet. I feel so much better about the test after using it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If all you really need was just verbal and writing, I'd pass on getting Dr. Collin's. I took Dr. Collin's self study and did great on the verbal and writing, but I ended up not using the the verbal or writing sections; ymmv though.

But overall, Dr. Collin's was great for everything else and I'd recommend it still.

If all you really need was just verbal and writing, I'd pass on getting Dr. Collin's. I took Dr. Collin's self study and did great on the verbal and writing, but I ended up not using the the verbal or writing sections; ymmv though.

But overall, Dr. Collin's was great for everything else and I'd recommend it still.
Hey, do you know if the collins 2012 material is the same as 2013? I am gonna buy a Jan 2012 Dr collins at $70. I heard from someone that dr collins doesnt update much, so just wondering if going for the 2013 version will be worthwhile.

i recently just purchased the 2013 version of Dr. Collins and I was wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction as far as studying. im taking the september pcat so i have some time but want to get started quickly. should i tackle one subject at a time or go back and forth? thanks!

Has anyone used Cracking The PCAT by princeton? i've heard many good things. I plan on using that prep book, REAs Flashcards and i purchased an old Dr. Collins packet.

any feed back would be great! thanks

Has anyone used Cracking The PCAT by princeton? i've heard many good things. I plan on using that prep book, REAs Flashcards and i purchased an old Dr. Collins packet.

any feed back would be great! thanks

I have cracking pcat by PR and it definitely has some really good strategies which Collins doesn't go into, I think they go well together. I'm currently studying for the pcat

How did you study using Dr Collins?

I'm going section by section. Just finished bio and am now starting chem. Once I read through the guide and do the prac problems, I move on to the exams. I complete all the exams one by one. Those I get wrong, I go back and review the material and make flash cards. Once I review the material enough, I keep doing the prac tests over and over until I can get a 95% or above. Last week before PCAT I'm just going to do the Pearson Prac exams.