which is the best of all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
August 2007. But because I got my application in so late, they offered me a spot in the GSP or a spot on the "priority waitlist" for August. I turned down the GSP seat. Now, if a spot doesn't open up in August, I have to wait until January to start. Worst case scenario, starting in January gives me 6 more months at my current position. But, that's also 6 more months of a very good salary :thumbup:

What is GSP?

Members don't see this ad.

Any news anyone? I haven't heard anything from this so called adviser yet....

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news anyone? I haven't heard anything from this so called adviser yet....

same here...not a word, although i did get a junk mail from her about the UK program.

How do I get a hold of my adviser?

You can always try calling if email isn't working for you.

You can always try calling if email isn't working for you.

DING DING DING....

We are slowly moving way from human contact thanks to the Internet.

and we are finally moving toward sanity....and rational thinking without caustic and bellicose remarks.

well, at least one thing is clear, McGill is intimidated and and repudiates anything that remotely challenges his pusillanimous demeanor..

well, at least one thing is clear, McGill is intimidated and and repudiates anything that remotely challenges his pusillanimous demeanor..

...or you cannot stop stalking me.

Just quit it...I believe in you:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email saying I am approved for interview. Do they give everyone interviews???

I got an email saying I am approved for interview. Do they give everyone interviews???

I think they interview between 1/2 - 1/3 of applicants and accept about 1/3 - 1/4 of those interviewed.

So I want to apply for August 2008 to SGU. I'm taking the MCATs this september, but if I don't do well I would retake them in January. Do I have to submit the MCAT scores along with the application right away or can I send it in with pending MCAT scores?

Oh and I also wanted to ask your stats Heston that got you the interview? I'm not a great test taker so I just want to cover my bases. Thanks!

Oh and I also wanted to ask your stats Heston that got you the interview? I'm not a great test taker so I just want to cover my bases. Thanks!

I PM'ed you....

Also not a great "test taker", BTW

Hey All, I just got the interview email. As anyone done it yet? Apparently you have to write a couple of personal essays at the beginning of the interview. Any thoughts on that? Hard, need to prepare, what??

Peace

Hey All, I just got the interview email. As anyone done it yet? Apparently you have to write a couple of personal essays at the beginning of the interview. Any thoughts on that? Hard, need to prepare, what??

Peace

i just came back from Chicago (where i had the interview). it was very casual. for the essays: you get three choices and its not really that hard. if you want i can PM you the choices later on.

i just came back from Chicago (where i had the interview). it was very casual. for the essays: you get three choices and its not really that hard. if you want i can PM you the choices later on.

what are the choices for the essay at the interview
i have my interiview tomorrow in baltimore

what are the choices for the essay at the interview
i have my interiview tomorrow in baltimore

The essays are more about seeing how you deal with writing under pressure and making sure that you have the ability to communicate clearly in English.

Guju, I just sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if you got it.....my computer is freaking out. Let me know.....

I've just been reading through alot of the interview reviews. One common question is:

How do you plan on paying for SGU?

My question is, what if my answer is simply LOANS.

THOUGHTS?

Guju, I just sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if you got it.....my computer is freaking out. Let me know.....

no, i did not receive any PM

I've just been reading through alot of the interview reviews. One common question is:

THOUGHTS?

that is what i said. people who attend SGU can take loans through federal gov. and when asked that is what i said.

THOUGHTS?

I told my interviewer bake sales and car washes but loans is a pretty good answer. :D

I got in guys!! I start in the January class....

How could I find SGU's matchlist?

Thanks!!!

I'm also in the January class so see you on the island!

BTW, IIRC you were waiting to hear back from RFU? Did they ever tell you one way or the other?

Hey guys, is there any information on their health insurance plan?

If you don't get in this round to a US school, I suggest going to SGU or Ross if you really want to get that MD. I know AUC has been around as well and Saba is gaining popularity but the tried and true 2 big names in the Caribbean are SGU and Ross. Just look at their match lists.

Good luck to you.

Berk

All four will get you licensed in all 50 states. There is no difference between the four except location of basic sciences. Three of them (Ross, Saba and SGU) are banana republics, and AUC is more a touristy location. Each setting has pros and cons.

All four have clinical rotations in US teaching hospitals. All four have matches in competitive residencies. All four will get you where you need to go. You're learning the same stuff at each school. Everyone will swear their school is better, but unless you have actually attended all four schools, you can't really compare the four.

Honestly, I wouldn't limit your choices to just 2 schools, especially if they are filling up.

I applied to MD and DO schools. I haven't been accepted anywhere but have been waitlisted. This is my second try. There is a lot of family pressure on me to get into a program right now. I am considering carribean. GPA 3.7, MCAT 31L.

I was wondering which caribbean schools are the best...as far as teaching, board scores, match, and financial aid (through US gov't)

I am looking into SGU and Ross but don't know much about the other schools

also it is already May and I haven't started my application at any of these schools...are those schools already full for August?

With those stats you should consider a US school first. Most Caribbean and offshore students usually have 3.1 and 24 MCATs.

With those stats you should consider a US school first. Most Caribbean and offshore students usually have 3.1 and 24 MCATs.

I have a 3.4 undergrad, 3.7 grad, and 30 MCAT and I got turned down for US schools. Sometimes the med school magic 8 ball just doesn't pull your number.