Which Kaplan Full Lengths are the Best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you take FL 1-5 or 6-11?
Which are most like the AAMC?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I took Kaplan this past spring, but they rotate the test "numbers" year to year i think (I compared the first full length from a Kaplan student's last year, and his was listed as our FL7 (under more practice tests online)........The best tests to take are the ones that are the newest, if you can figure out which ones those are.

There were two Kaplan full lengths that were so new that they didn't have a score conversion for it yet, but those two were actually the most like the real thing from what I remember.

BrettBatchelor said:
Would you take FL 1-5 or 6-11?
Which are most like the AAMC?

Thanks

Make sure you take some actual MCAT tests...I took the Kaplan review and I felt the actual MCAT seemed slightly different.

BradenDO said:
Make sure you take some actual MCAT tests...I took the Kaplan review and I felt the actual MCAT seemed slightly different.

See I thought that the Kaplan tests were almost identical to AAMC material. When I was taking the actual MCAT, everything on it made me feel like i was taking another Kaplan Full length....same font, same format, VERY similar questions, and overall same difficulty (Kaplans always seemed a little harder, but this doesn't really have much to do with what score you are getting)

This is only my opinion, but from what I hear from most people, they agree that Kaplan tests are a little more difficult than AAMC practice tests and the real MCAT.

It's always just good to take the most recently crafted tests, because I feel like some of those early AAMC tests were just too easy and not really reflective of the current tests.

ironmanf14 said:
See I thought that the Kaplan tests were almost identical to AAMC material. When I was taking the actual MCAT, everything on it made me feel like i was taking another Kaplan Full length....same font, same format, VERY similar questions, and overall same difficulty (Kaplans always seemed a little harder, but this doesn't really have much to do with what score you are getting)

This is only my opinion, but from what I hear from most people, they agree that Kaplan tests are a little more difficult than AAMC practice tests and the real MCAT.

It's always just good to take the most recently crafted tests, because I feel like some of those early AAMC tests were just too easy and not really reflective of the current tests.

What threw me were the questions...I felt like I knew the material on the Kaplan tests much better than what I had on the actual test. When I took the test I almost had a panic attack because my test had a lot of develomental biology and some weird genetics questions that I had never seen before either. Everything else you mentioned were the same, so in that aspect it was helpful!