1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Which MCAT date to pick?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by megaroo612, May 26, 2008.

1. megaroo612

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys! I am retaking the MCAT because my first score was not what i expected (25:)). I am applying in June and then going to send them my new scores when i recieve them. I am just stuck i between the July 10th date and the August 5th. (July 10th scores come out August 12th and the August 5th scores come out September 9th) I would like the extra time to study, but am also worrying about setting my app back too far. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    July 10. A month and a half is enough time to study if you really, really study!!! Every day matters. Start studying today!

4. SamSt1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Completely second this. If you bust your ass for 5-7 weeks you could be fine

5. nontrdgsbuiucmd

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    How recently did you sit for the MCAT the first time? If in the past few months and no additional relevant coursework completed,

Why do you feel that you should have scored higher? Unless AAMC practice tests mostly showed your abilities were substantially higher than the 25 mcat,

You may need to wait until next year to take more course & prepare more thoroughly, if the mcat will be retaken this year I'd definitely recommend July 10, per AAMC website the anticipated score release date is around Aug 12th for that exam, any later & you've got a fairly substantial disadvantage at many schools, which often won't set up an interview until they have your MCAT score.

Some schools (I know Loyola, presumably there are others) average MCAT scores that are submitted, if you're not "ready" this July/August, may make sense to wait rather than chance a low score, it would stink to take that exam 3x. Hopefully the 25 was just a fluke & a bit more studying will do it for you!

6. HumidBeing

HumidBeing In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Moving thread to MCAT Discussion Forum.