Which med schools have multiple campuses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fjsidjffhddkfj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some med schools have multiple campuses and even if you are admitted you are not guaranteed to be at any particular campus. Which med schools are these? So far I've found this to be the case for Lewis Katz and University of Illinois. I am particular about where I live, so I don't want to spend time on an application where this is not certain.

Members don't see this ad.

Some med schools have multiple campuses and even if you are admitted you are not guaranteed to be at any particular campus. Which med schools are these? So far I've found this to be the case for Lewis Katz and University of Illinois. I am particular about where I live, so I don't want to spend time on an application where this is not certain.
Midwestern University... in Illinois and Arizona.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Indiana University falls under this category

Reactions: 1 users
Why don't you just google each school on your list? Seems like if you are taking the time to apply there you should at least do a google search

Reactions: 1 user
Indiana University falls under this category

Tell me about it. They've got variability from Indianapolis to Gary, Indiana and I believe you commit to the medical school before learning where you go.

MsuCHM is also like this. East Lansing and Grand Rapids campuses.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't know about the others, but for Lewis Katz, you have to specifically choose a campus and interview there. They don't just stick you in a random place. The exception to this is if you get in off the waitlist at the end of the cycle, but as someone else said above, beggars and choosers...

Last edited:
WVU does this as well. You get to rank your choices, but depending on availability you may not get your first choice. You're allowed to swap until third year starts though so there's a lot of movement.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app