Which medical/vet dictionary to get?

Started by pressmom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pressmom

Third year!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm headed to UTK in the fall and they have three medical/veterinary dictionaries to choose from. Which (or all) of these should I get?

Dorland "Pocket Medical Dictionary" 26th ed.
Dorland "Illustrated Medical Dictionary" 30th ed.
Blood "Saunder's Comprehensive Vet Dictionary" 3rd ed.

Thanks!
 
So I'm headed to UTK in the fall and they have three medical/veterinary dictionaries to choose from. Which (or all) of these should I get?

Dorland "Pocket Medical Dictionary" 26th ed.
Dorland "Illustrated Medical Dictionary" 30th ed.
Blood "Saunder's Comprehensive Vet Dictionary" 3rd ed.

Thanks!

Blood (AKA little dic) hands down. That Dictionary rocks! It provides much more than just the laymen to medical language translation.👍
 
Most of my classmates got Saunders, but I got Stedman's Medical Dictionary with the veterinary insert. I like both, so from your choices I would say go with Saunders 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been very happy with my Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary (Blood).
 
I will give my two cents and also say that I really like Saunders, it's nice to have a dictionary that fits in your bag and is very comprehensive. The only complaint that I've heard and kinda agree with is that it doesn't offer the etiology of the word, which I think might be helpful sometimes when dealing with similar words in the future.. However, it doesn't bother me enough to go out and get a new one; I really like my Saunders.