Which of these classes should I take?

Started by philliphaha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

P

philliphaha

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I just graduated with a B.S. in Biochemistry. I'm applying for the upcoming 2014-2015 cycle, but in the meantime, I'll be taking some summer classes at UCR. I'm still deciding on what classes I should take though.

Class list:
Fundamentals of Cell Bio
Human Neuroanatomy
Systems Neuroscience
Molecular Biology
Human Embryology
Stem Cell Biology

Can you guys rank these by which are the most useful in Dental school and/or which classes Dental schools would like to see you take?

Thanks!
 
honestly, none of those topics are covered in any deapth in dental school. I mean sure we touch a little bit of embryology when we took histology, but all the embryo was covoered in like 1-2 powerpoints (it wasn't extensive at all). Taking a fullblown undergrad course is wayyy overkill.

Maybe cell biology from top list is okay, you cover alot of that stuff in biochem
 
Hey guys,
I just graduated with a B.S. in Biochemistry. I'm applying for the upcoming 2014-2015 cycle, but in the meantime, I'll be taking some summer classes at UCR. I'm still deciding on what classes I should take though.

Class list:
Fundamentals of Cell Bio
Human Neuroanatomy
Systems Neuroscience
Molecular Biology
Human Embryology
Stem Cell Biology

Can you guys rank these by which are the most useful in Dental school and/or which classes Dental schools would like to see you take?

Thanks!

Out of that list fundamentals and molecular bio. Have you taken immunology? Take that if you can