Which of these schools should I cross off list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree with the vast majority of what you said, but I would re-think the physical fitness part. Sadly, obesity is a largely socioeconomic issue in this country. While 2/3 of Americans are overweight, far less than 2/3 of 21 or 22 year olds who have (not all, but most) come from a middle to upper class background and have made it to the point of applying to dental school are. 21 to 22 year olds who come from households with high incomes and supportive, educated parents are the least likely to be overweight and the most likely to apply to dental school.

I agree that the application is a pain, anybody interested should start getting in touch with a recruiter the year before they graduate.

Maybe I should have checked the disadvantaged box :unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright guys so it looks like I won't be able to apply to all these schools because of the cost, I'm thinking of lowering my list to the following:

1. Midwestern AZ
2. Midwestern IL
3. Roseman
4. LECOM
5. Louisville
6. Maryland
7. Tufts
8. U. of Michigan
9. New England
10. Marquette
11. UNLV
12. NOVA
13. Tennessee

I'm concerned because 13 schools doesn't seem like it's enough for my stats :/
Unless you are a resident of Tennessee, Arkansas, or a border state you should remove Tennessee from your list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I really? But I really like the soul food and the females with the cowboy boots :/...
I just know from looking at the past three ADEA Guides that they favor in-state residents and they give a specific number of seats to residents of Arkansas because their state does not have a dental school and there is an agreement between the state of Arkansas and UT's dental school. The other small percentage of OOS acceptances seem to come from the states that border Tennessee. There's always 2-3 outliers, but I'm sure those outliers probably have connections to UT (undergrads there) or have near 4.0's and killer DAT scores. You can most certainly apply there if you really want a shot at an acceptance there. I'm just going by what I've researched.

I just know from looking at the past three ADEA Guides that they favor in-state residents and they give a specific number of seats to residents of Arkansas because their state does not have a dental school and there is an agreement between the state of Arkansas and UT's dental school. The other small percentage of OOS acceptances seem to come from the states that border Tennessee. There's always 2-3 outliers, but I'm sure those outliers probably have connections to UT (undergrads there) or have near 4.0's and killer DAT scores. You can most certainly apply there if you really want a shot at an acceptance there. I'm just going by what I've researched.

I was just kidding man; thanks for letting me know.