Which postbac programs am I competitive for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmiBa

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm 25 yr old, graduated in 2016 with a dual degree in public relations and political science with a psychology minor. I graduated with a 3.1 GPA and only took a few science courses (earth science, hearing science, various psychology courses, and nutrition), with no hard sciences. Unfortunately, I did quite poorly in some of those sciences courses that were taken my freshman year. Since graduation, I have followed an international development track and am currently serving as a health extension agent with the Peace Corps. Through this experience it has become clear to me that I want to pursue a career in medicine, and after a lot of research, I have decided that a career as a physician is the right fit for me.

This being said, I know my academic record and lack of direct experience will not make this an easy process. However, Im hoping that getting into a good post bac program(and doing well), with plenty of clinical/research experience and a strong MCAT score will make me a more competitive candidate.

All this being said, I am curious as to which postbac programs I would actually be a competitive candidate for. Of course, Im drawn to some of the older, more reputable ones (ie- Bryn Mawr, Columbia, John's Hopkins). However, Im also aware that those wouldn't be my most realistic options. I just need help knowing where to begin with a more realistic search.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.