which programs are people affiliated with?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlw03

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this has been done before, but I couldn't find it. I'm starting this thread so residents, fellows, and practicing pathologists can list the programs with which they have been affiliated. The idea being that this would allow people to ask specific questions about program X to those people. I recognize part of this idea of forums is anonymity, but perhaps there are enough of you who don't mind giving some clues as to your identity and will post to this list. I would ask that people list their program, alphabetically if possible, and if you're really daring, say what year you are (ie, University of North X, AP/CP 2009). Please copy and pasta the old list into each new post, so that eventually a nice long list gets made.

Thanks to anyone that participates in this. I'd start the list, but I'm a medical student still (however, my school and year are in my signature and if anyone cared to i'm sure they could figure out who i am).

Members don't see this ad.

I would have to refrain due to privacy concerns. Personally the best part about this forum is the free exchange of ideas, be they from a resident at Yale or a private prac guy in Montana. The places and names dont matter. The second point would be limit the number of inquiries in my inbox about program X or Y. People need to really make up their own minds about training.

Lastly, I would remind everyone training is a very very small part of your career.

I would have to refrain due to privacy concerns. Personally the best part about this forum is the free exchange of ideas, be they from a resident at Yale or a private prac guy in Montana. The places and names dont matter. The second point would be limit the number of inquiries in my inbox about program X or Y. People need to really make up their own minds about training.

Lastly, I would remind everyone training is a very very small part of your career.

those are fair points your bring up. i agree privacy can at times facilitate better discussions, and if few people are willing to post, then so be it. i also agree people need to make up their own minds, but like many big decisions, you want to have as much information as possible. and it's been stated many times that one of the best ways to get info on a program is to talk to current or past residents familiar with said program. a PD probably won't tell you that their residents have to do a ton of scut because there isn't enough ancillary staff, but a current resident maybe will. i'm just trying to find a few people from various programs around the country who are willing to answer questions every now and then from potential colleagues.

thanks for your comments, LADoc.