which school to go: plz help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldenbears

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like this.
this is exactly what i expected.
just to test the anxiety level of those of us who are waiting

Members don't see this ad.

go screw yourself

go screw yourself

You heard the lady! Take your obvious bragging elsewhere. Don't you have parents who do enough of this crap for you?

And by the way, the thought that a few random strangers on an internet network would actually make/break your decision... really truly pathetic.

Members don't see this ad :)
flip a coin, that is the best way to make these life changing choices:D

Go to nursing school instead.

so you are already accepted to Duke, huh? interesting...:laugh:

I'd like some tips/advice from current med students or applicants. I am deciding b/w a few schools right now. Free feel to give me ur top choice(s) and more importantly why this school (or even why not this school cuz u have some insight information about the dark side of the school). Here are the options: WashU, Duke, UCLA, U of Washington, U of Michigan, Baylor, NYU, Stanford.
I'd really appreciate any comments.
Go bears!!

I doubt someone that says "insight information" instead of "inside information" actually got into those schools....

I doubt someone that says "insight information" instead of "inside information" actually got into those schools....

I think he wants an opinion from someone who drives one of those hybrid Honda Insight cars.

I'd like some tips/advice from current med students or applicants. I am deciding b/w a few schools right now. Free feel to give me ur top choice(s) and more importantly why this school (or even why not this school cuz u have some insight information about the dark side of the school). Here are the options: WashU, Duke, UCLA, U of Washington, U of Michigan, Baylor, NYU, Stanford.
I'd really appreciate any comments.
Go bears!!

Hey guys,

I got accepted at Harvard Medical School and Carribean University of America School of Nursing and Medical School. Omg I have been racking my brain. Someone please tell me why I should choose harvard. I just dont know. Any insides will be appreciated

Pretentious A$$ University. That's where you should go. Good luck on your decision!

Hey guys,

I got accepted at Harvard Medical School and Carribean University of America School of Nursing and Medical School. Omg I have been racking my brain. Someone please tell me why I should choose harvard. I just dont know. Any insides will be appreciated

you're funny :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
turf to pre-allo, stat

A thread like this in pre-allo at this stage of the app season would surely cause some burst aneurysms and at least 20 pages of agonizing debate and griping...

In other words, I really hope this thread gets turfed there.

A thread like this in pre-allo at this stage of the app season would surely cause some burst aneurysms and at least 20 pages of agonizing debate and griping...

In other words, I really hope this thread gets turfed there.

It won't, the mod closed the one over there since he double posted.

braluk was probably trying to piss off the allo forum users by closing the thread on preallo rather this one :laugh:

you guys are really harsh. this is a new user just asking some advice. so what if he hasn't gotten into all (or even any) of these places? maybe s/he is just trying to figure out where to apply.

i've been a user of this website years longer than anyone else who has posted here. people just seem to get meaner all the itme.

you guys are really harsh. this is a new user just asking some advice. so what if he hasn't gotten into all (or even any) of these places? maybe s/he is just trying to figure out where to apply.

i've been a user of this website years longer than anyone else who has posted here. people just seem to get meaner all the itme.

I couldn't agree more:thumbup:

Hey guys,

Definitely go to the Carribean. Why would you want to go to Harvard? Besides, the weather is too cold there.

I like this.
this is exactly what i expected.
just to test the anxiety level of those of us who are waiting

So you originally posted this in Allo, it gets moved to Pre-allo, then you edit your post to test the anxiety of we who are waiting? We in allo are not waiting. We're basically just waiting to graduate.

you said you got accepted to duke goldenbears and they haven't even accepted anybody yet! explain that one before you jump on us!

Totally lame. The schools this person listed as having gotten accepted to makes no sense. You said you got into UCLA and Stanford, which would be very difficult to do if you were OOS, but more likely if you were a CA resident. However, you also state you got into the University of Washington (Seattle), which practically does not accept OOS unless the student is applying to an MD/PhD program. So, if you were a CA resident, your acceptance to the University of Washington would be highly unlikely. However, if you were a Washington resident it is highly unlikely no matter what your stats, that you would get in to not only 1, but 2 Cali schools. Riiiiiggght. Next time you decide to lie and make people feel like crap, look up the admission stats for in-state and out-of-state applicants you dork.

Personally, I don't like it when people attack folks with multiple acceptances who are honestly seeking advice about a hard decision (we put up with just as many, if not many more "OMG I haven't had any interview invites and I submitted in July. Could it be my 22 MCAT?" threads.

But in this case, stop replying now. It's clear this is a troll - I doubt someone's first post would be this one, and Duke hasn't even accepted anyone yet. Close the thread, or stop replying.

this is not a request for honest advice, its a damn troll looking for bait. attack on, i need some humor at work.

Totally lame. The schools this person listed as having gotten accepted to makes no sense. You said you got into UCLA and Stanford, which would be very difficult to do if you were OOS, but more likely if you were a CA resident. However, you also state you got into the University of Washington (Seattle), which practically does not accept OOS unless the student is applying to an MD/PhD program. So, if you were a CA resident, your acceptance to the University of Washington would be highly unlikely. However, if you were a Washington resident it is highly unlikely no matter what your stats, that you would get in to not only 1, but 2 Cali schools. Riiiiiggght. Next time you decide to lie and make people feel like crap, look up the admission stats for in-state and out-of-state applicants you dork.

The real proof is that "goldenbears" spelled Stanford correctly.