Which schools are notorious for difficult MMIs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gladiolus23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any schools that are known to have a difficult or confusing MMI format? Which ones would you say are the hardest to prepare for?

Members don't see this ad.

Why not just make one thread for all of your numerous questions instead of a treating SDN like a personal diary?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• rofl[1].gif
    rofl[1].gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 62
You should assume that every MMI will be challenging. Do a google/sdn search to find resources that will help you prepare.

Why not just make one thread for all of your numerous questions instead of a treating SDN like a personal diary?

They're all obviously different topics, so I didn't want to bunch them together but sure, I'll consider that

Last edited:
You should assume that every MMI will be challenging. Do a google/sdn search to find resources that will help you prepare.

Okay thanks! The reason I asked is b/c my school's interview prep specifically asked which program my mock MMI should tailor to, and my advisor said to pick one with a difficult MMI. I guess I'll just prepare for it in general

I just did an MMI, and it is remarkably easier than being grilled by an adcom for an hour.

Just imagine it as a regular interview, where each question gets asked by a different interviewer.

The point of MMIs is to get better scoring candidates by helping eliminate single-person biases. It's not to trick you.

There's no real way to prep for an MMI. Only advice is to weigh both sides of the situation, think outloud, and be a normal, compassionate human