Which schools do MMIs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDrB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a list of the schools who conduct MMIs?

Also, I just watched this...

I don't know anything about MMIs. Is this normal? Do they give you a question and then you have to make your answer like 8 minutes long??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know but her answer hurt my ears to listen to. So long and boring and restating herself 5 times and saying um and uh about 30 times. And speeding up and slowing down her speech to allow her to think. She just vomited words all over that poor lady.

Geezh, be easy on the gal. Be happy not every one is perfect as you.

I don't know but her answer hurt my ears to listen to. So long and boring and restating herself 5 times and saying um and uh about 30 times. And speeding up and slowing down her speech to allow her to think. She just vomited words all over that poor lady.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did two MMIs last year and they were all fairly conversational. Might be different some places though.

I did two MMIs last year and they were all fairly conversational. Might be different some places though.

How did you do? Were you relaxed? Was there a time where you didnt have a definite answer? Did they give feedbacks afterwards?

How did you do? Were you relaxed? Was there a time where you didnt have a definite answer? Did they give feedbacks afterwards?
It's really hard to tell how you did in any interview. Interviewers are trained to not let on what they think of your performance. I thought I did fine. I did better on some than others. All depended on the question. I was significantly more relaxed for these than for the 2 traditional interviews I did. They give you two minutes to just stare at the question before you have to answer so I always went in with something. PNWU gave me feedback several weeks later but that was on my overall application rather than just the interviews.
Do you mind sharing which schools?
PNWU and U Vermont (MD school)

Anyone have a list of the schools who conduct MMIs?

Also, I just watched this...

I don't know anything about MMIs. Is this normal? Do they give you a question and then you have to make your answer like 8 minutes long??

DO schools that do MMIs include PNWU and ATSU-SOMA. They were different though. PNWU's included talking through the situation (for example: if this happened, what would be your response/what would you do, and you just discuss it), but SOMA's included acting out the part (for example: you're a doctor, and this thing happened, so act out your response). SOMA also has an interview with 2 faculty members. University of Arizona Tucson also does MMI, and it's a mix of acting scenarios and talking out scenarios. They are hard to gauge whether you did well or not, but thankfully they're quick, and you have to move on to the next one, so there's no time to dwell on it until later. Some are even kind of fun.

Reactions: 1 user
WesternU-Lebanon does MMI's. Mainly were acting scenarios

Last edited:
WVSOM had you do 2 MMIs where they were things I can see happening in real life.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe the CIB lists MSUCOM as doing MMIs.

I'm simultaneously excited and nervous about the prospect of the MMI. A lot of my undergrad (and personal "thinking" style) involves running through scenarios and thinking of the counter arguments.

I think it could be fun, but am worried I won't take it seriously enough because it seems easy to me.

I believe the CIB lists MSUCOM as doing MMIs.

I'm simultaneously excited and nervous about the prospect of the MMI. A lot of my undergrad (and personal "thinking" style) involves running through scenarios and thinking of the counter arguments.

I think it could be fun, but am worried I won't take it seriously enough because it seems easy to me.

Same here. I like to debate, so I'm afraid I would start questioning the point of view of my interviewer or something. Probably not a good thing.

Guess it won't matter though since none of the schools everyone's listed yet are on my apply list.

Spoke with admissions this cycle. MSUCOM will be doing MMI

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's really hard to tell how you did in any interview. Interviewers are trained to not let on what they think of your performance. I thought I did fine. I did better on some than others. All depended on the question. I was significantly more relaxed for these than for the 2 traditional interviews I did. They give you two minutes to just stare at the question before you have to answer so I always went in with something. PNWU gave me feedback several weeks later but that was on my overall application rather than just the interviews.

Thank you for the response. Seems fun yet daunting. With PNWU, did they give feedback on your application in terms of improvements? Did they mention how you fared on the MMI?

DO schools that do MMIs include PNWU and ATSU-SOMA. They were different though. PNWU's included talking through the situation (for example: if this happened, what would be your response/what would you do, and you just discuss it), but SOMA's included acting out the part (for example: you're a doctor, and this thing happened, so act out your response). SOMA also has an interview with 2 faculty members. University of Arizona Tucson also does MMI, and it's a mix of acting scenarios and talking out scenarios. They are hard to gauge whether you did well or not, but thankfully they're quick, and you have to move on to the next one, so there's no time to dwell on it until later. Some are even kind of fun.

INTERESTING! Never knew SOMA did MMI. This is one of my fav schools.

Ugh honestly....just say you'll go to the gym with her. You're always almost always allowed to sign in a friend. The interviewer looks like she wants to slap her even though she's smiling. Is this an example of a GOOD MMI answer??

Thank you for the response. Seems fun yet daunting. With PNWU, did they give feedback on your application in terms of improvements? Did they mention how you fared on the MMI?

INTERESTING! Never knew SOMA did MMI. This is one of my fav schools.
Yes. It was basically "here's what you can change to have a better shot next year." They did briefly cover my MMI performance.
I thought LECOM did it too? Can someone confirm?
I can't speak for LECOM-B, but LECOM does 6-7 person group interview.

MUCOM

And yep they gave around 6-8 minutes for each scenario just like the one in the video.

Yes. It was basically "here's what you can change to have a better shot next year." They did briefly cover my MMI performance. I can't speak for LECOM-B, but LECOM does 6-7 person group interview.

Was this done over the phone or email? Does anyone know how to approach the 6-7 person group interview? Seems like a free for all.

Was this done over the phone or email? Does anyone know how to approach the 6-7 person group interview? Seems like a free for all.
Phone. It is a free for all. But we just went around in a circle anyways. This was apparently nonstandard.

Phone. It is a free for all. But we just went around in a circle anyways. This was apparently nonstandard.
SorrY, still wrapping my head around this....were you guys in a room together and the other person wasn't there, or were you all at home and the other person was at LECOM?

I know you said it wasn't standard for their MMI, I'm just laughing at the awkwardness!

SorrY, still wrapping my head around this....were you guys in a room together and the other person wasn't there, or were you all at home and the other person was at LECOM?

I know you said it wasn't standard for their MMI, I'm just laughing at the awkwardness!
We were all physically at LECOM. I don't know of any schools that do teleinterviews. There were two interviewers and 6-7 applicants in a small conference/study room.

We were all physically at LECOM. I don't know of any schools that do teleinterviews. There were two interviewers and 6-7 applicants in a small conference/study room.
That's what I thought, I just didn't know if they had a blizzard that day or something and couldnt reschedule you guys.

That's what I thought, I just didn't know if they had a blizzard that day or something and couldnt reschedule you guys.
You edited your post after I started to reply. The group interview is how LECOM has done it for years. What was nonstandard was how organized we were in the order in which we responded to the interviewers.

Yes. It was basically "here's what you can change to have a better shot next year." They did briefly cover my MMI performance.

I can't speak for LECOM-B, but LECOM does 6-7 person group interview.

Uuhg. I think I'd rather do anything instead of a group interview.

WesternU-COMP did a hybrid interview, 2 MMI scenarios and then a traditional panel interview, with several faculty members interviewing one student.