Which schools don't consider out of state...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAKAZA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
applicants. I know some schools take very few out of state applicants. Is there a list somewhere?

Also, which schools are the worst for applying late (I take the MCAT August 5th).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Southern Illinois
U Maryland

2 off the top of my head.

SUNY schools for sure

Members don't see this ad :)
The MSAR is handy for determining which schools are worth applying to as an OOS applicant. It saved me alot of money when deciding where to apply.

University of Arizona

will only consider you if you have either residency or significant ties to AZ.

University of Arizona

University of Utah is the same, unless you are applying md/pdh or you are a URM.

University of Arizona

i was under the impression that it was only current residency that mattered...i went to high school in Tucson and my family lives there... are you saying that they would consider me? maybe i should re-check their website. ??

UMass will only take people who can prove in state residency (5 year requirement, or you have to have graduated high school in MA) for their MD program. They will accept out of state for MD/PhD.

"The University of Arizona College of Medicine considers only Arizona residents; highly qualified WICHE applicants from Montana or Wyoming; and Native Americans who reside on reservations contiguous with the state of Arizona."... http://www.admissions.medicine.arizona.edu/

so, nah, i guess i'm not moving back home any time soon... unless i can pull off being native.