Which schools look at post bac grades midway?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bioteacher

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know of schools will look at post bac grades midway through a one year program? I will be going to Eastern Virginia's Medical School's post bac program if that helps.

I guess a better question would be which schools definately won't look at the scores until I graduate from the program.

Thanks.
 
bioteacher said:
Do you know of schools will look at post bac grades midway through a one year program? I will be going to Eastern Virginia's Medical School's post bac program if that helps.

I guess a better question would be which schools definately won't look at the scores until I graduate from the program.

Thanks.

What's the rush? Honestly, the biggest mistake people make in med school applications is to try and rush things and not to get all their ducks in a row before they apply.
 
I am 31 years old. I applied last year. I really do not want to wait another two years. And besides the money lost in applying, what else is lost in trying?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bioteacher said:
I am 31 years old. I applied last year. I really do not want to wait another two years. And besides the money lost in applying, what else is lost in trying?

31 is hardly setting any age records.
While this is a debated topic, at some schools there is likely going to be some disadvantage to being a multiple time reapplicant. Better to limit your shots and make them count. Others' opinions will differ from mine, I'm sure. Good luck.
 
dontstuddy said:
I know that NYMC, Rosalin Franklin, and Albany med will. They all looked at my mid year post bac grades when I applied.


Im in the same boat as bioteacher...though im not a non-trad student. I just graduated from college, and enrolled in post bacc at duquesne for this coming fall. I plan to apply while im there...do u know of any other schools that will look at scores after only one semester?
 
Law2Doc said:
What's the rush? Honestly, the biggest mistake people make in med school applications is to try and rush things and not to get all their ducks in a row before they apply.


I agree with you. Definitely my initial mistake then I just took my time and it paid off. Even if it takes a few years please take your time if it is what you wanna do. Trust me I am not that young.