1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Which Schools Pre-Screen??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by spunk11, Aug 8, 2002.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. spunk11

spunk11 Wishing for PCOM 7+ Year Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Pennsylvania
    Does anyone know which schools pre-screen before sending secondaries? Thanks :) SPUNKY

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Forensic Chick

Forensic Chick 10+ Year Member

Jan 29, 2002
    California
    I know that Touro (Bay Area, California) pre-screens for GPA and MCAT scores before sending out a secondary. When you receive the secondary it even says that they pre-screen -- and from what I've been told it's because they're a new school and are trying to keep high averages for GPA/MCAT...

4. spunk11

spunk11 Wishing for PCOM 7+ Year Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Pennsylvania
    Any others??

5. OsteoMed02

OsteoMed02 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Norton Shores, MI
    I do believe that MSUCOM does as well. I talked with another incoming student who claimed that certain aspects of the primary are looked at and then a secondary is sent out if you meet specific criteria. I am unsure as to whether or not this is correct, but that is what I was told. Good luck!

6. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student 7+ Year Member

May 12, 2002
    35 miles from Pomona
    According to COMP's website, they have a minimum GPA.