Which schools weigh mcat and gpa the most

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schoko

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm trying to find out which schools REALLY want to improve their stats and therefore choose high numbers people. Also, how might lack of science research but having other research play into it?

Members don't see this ad.

All of them.

I hear WashU really likes high MCATs

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I'm trying to find out which schools REALLY want to improve their stats and therefore choose high numbers people. Also, how might lack of science research but having other research play into it?

Actually it's sometimes counter-intuitive. The schools with reputations as "number ******" already have quite good numerical stats. And while you would think some lower ranked schools might love you to improve their stats with yours, many such schools don't bother with the higher stat folks because they figure they are just being used as a backup. In general no school is going to say -- you have a 3.8/35 so you are in. Everything in the application process matters, and there are plenty of folks with stats at or well above the schools they applied to who don't get in to those schools. In fact, at most places once you get above a certain threshold you have little advantage of folks with lesser scores also above such threshold (there is a law of diminishing returns on numerical stats), and will lose out to better experiences, better interview skills etc.