Which Texas DPT schools are "private"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dai

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So, I've been having a problem with figuring out which schools in Texas are "private" schools. I am aware that public schools are incredibly cheaper, while the private schools are about three times as expensive each year.

But I am having a hard time figuring out the tuition for each of the private Texas schools. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Thank you!

I'm trying to figure this out because I am comparing the tuitions to other out of state schools.

The schools I believe are private are:

Hardin-Simmons
St. Augustine (Austin)
University of the Incarnate Word

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that might be all of them. I believe the CAPTE site will allow you to filter public vs private, but for some reason I'm having trouble getting their school directory to work right now.

Hey guys! So, I've been having a problem with figuring out which schools in Texas are "private" schools. I am aware that public schools are incredibly cheaper, while the private schools are about three times as expensive each year.

But I am having a hard time figuring out the tuition for each of the private Texas schools. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Thank you!

I'm trying to figure this out because I am comparing the tuitions to other out of state schools.

Hardin-Simmons
St. Augustine (Austin)

Thank you!
That's all of them.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hardin-Simmons
St. Augustine (Austin)

Thank you!

Hi there!

I'm currently about to begin my first year at University of the Incarnate Word and we recently received our tuition numbers for the first semester. Let's just say the ballpark estimate of tuition alone is about $16,000. However, tuition will likely go down each semester depending on the course load. The end result is that we're going to debt anywhere between $100,000 to $120,000 depending on interest rates. I know this is a daunting number but just have to think of it as one of the biggest investments of your life. I hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there!

I'm currently about to begin my first year at University of the Incarnate Word and we recently received our tuition numbers for the first semester. Let's just say the ballpark estimate of tuition alone is about $16,000. However, tuition will likely go down each semester depending on the course load. The end result is that we're going to debt anywhere between $100,000 to $120,000 depending on interest rates. I know this is a daunting number but just have to think of it as one of the biggest investments of your life. I hope this helps!

I am about to go to UIW too! Do you play league? LOL I noticed your profile picture