Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
This is WAY early, as I'm not applying this cycle, but I'm attending one university for the bulk of my prereqs, as a biology major, but I have no intention of finishing that degree (I'm attending as an undergrad, not as post-bacc, because of financial aid definitions, even though I'm not getting any fin aid!), as I already have 2 BA degrees from Ohio State (I took a lot of UG courses while in HS, so I had enough to do 2 degrees, history and Spanish).
Anyhow, it occured to me while reading stats abt. med school admissions, and the way they break down the students as "science majors" and "non science majors" that I would consider myself a non science major, even though my current school considers me a bio major.
So, my question is, can I call myself a non science major, even though that isn't my current status?
The only way I would finish this degree would be if I was rejected next year and had time to kill. I'd want to keep taking courses, at least part time, so that once med school starts, I'll have some memory of what's its like to sit in the classroom.
This is WAY early, as I'm not applying this cycle, but I'm attending one university for the bulk of my prereqs, as a biology major, but I have no intention of finishing that degree (I'm attending as an undergrad, not as post-bacc, because of financial aid definitions, even though I'm not getting any fin aid!), as I already have 2 BA degrees from Ohio State (I took a lot of UG courses while in HS, so I had enough to do 2 degrees, history and Spanish).
Anyhow, it occured to me while reading stats abt. med school admissions, and the way they break down the students as "science majors" and "non science majors" that I would consider myself a non science major, even though my current school considers me a bio major.
So, my question is, can I call myself a non science major, even though that isn't my current status?
The only way I would finish this degree would be if I was rejected next year and had time to kill. I'd want to keep taking courses, at least part time, so that once med school starts, I'll have some memory of what's its like to sit in the classroom.