Which way Democratic or Republican?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree, don't quote him...the Canadian system isn't what I want, but nobody spends that much on medicine...

Clipped from an article on the internet, so it must be true...

In 2003, the United States spent 15.3 percent of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) on health care. It is projected that the percentage will reach 18.7 percent in 10 years.

Health care spending accounted for 10.9 percent of the GDP in Switzerland, 10.7 percent in Germany, 9.7 percent in Canada and 9.5 percent in France, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
 
katinka said:
We don’t pay our educators enough to give incentive for those who would be quality teachers to go into the field. Further, there is a major difference between the qualities of teacher in the upper class schools versus the inner city schools. Not to mention the paucity of after school programs in the inner cities that would help to keep our kids off the streets and away from gangs and drugs. And without a stable family base, we basically have provided little hope or security to those growing up in such despair.
It is a profoundly difficult problem to solve, and in all honestly I don’t know what the answer is and I doubt either you or I have come up with it. We just have 2 different philosophies and probably neither is right.




Well…here’s one I know personally………my birth father left my mother with 2 young children and no money. She had no job. She didn’t have a college education (she dropped out of UC Berkeley in her freshman year to run away with my father…..). Not to mention, she couldn’t afford childcare in order to get a job. So, she went on welfare for several months (less than a year) while she learned some marketable skills and eventually found a job. She ended up becoming a very successful businesswoman and raised my brother and me comfortably. We have both grown up to become successful and productive members of society ourselves, and I think we are giving quite a bit back to society. Honestly, that story is not unusual…….there are many, many people just like my mother who have benefited greatly from social welfare, and society has benefited greatly as well.

1. the diff in quality of teaching btw innercity public schools and most private schools is NOT beacuse of money.. on average, most public school teachers get paid MORE than your average private school teachers. Sometimes the better educated teachers "choose" to take a pay cut in order to not have to work in a school where they will get their life threatend by elementary and high school students.

2. One big diff btw your mother and most of the others who are in the system.. is that your mother valued education and hard work.. and wanted to help herself and her children to achieve a better future on their own. She was not Dependant on the system and didnt stay supported for more than a few months!

You can't help people who dont want to help themselves.. who dont value education and hard work.. Who think they deserve to be supported for the rest of their lives.
 
Now why would I want 8+ additional years of schooling to be doing what a Masters certified nurse is already doing? Plus making more money than a Family Practitioner or Pediatrician. There is no incentive to go on to medical school when I will already be held to the same standard of care and working as an independent practitioner in a nice laid back rural community banking close to $200K. Now you see who the smart one is.


blocks said:
Nope, he's just another wanna-be doctor SRNA. He didn't have the stones to man up and be the best trained in healthcare, so instead of applying to medical school, he became a nurse, and is now convinced he is the equal or superior of a physician by training to become an nurse anesthetist. But deep down, he's just not comfortable with that. He is a joke--there are plenty of excellent CRNA's, but anytime you see one making insecure babblings like this, it cheapens the entire field.

Rock on hoop...we're not laughing with ya, we're laughing at ya. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OzDDS said:
One big diff btw your mother and most of the others who are in the system.. is that your mother valued education and hard work.. and wanted to help herself and her children to achieve a better future on their own. She was not Dependant on the system and didnt stay supported for more than a few months!

>70% of those receiving AFDC are on it for less than 2 years total. You make this statement that my mother was different than most, but your claims are completely unfounded. In fact, most get off welfare within a couple years which I think is quite reasonable. In addition, lets talk about this great living these people are making on welfare........these dirty rotten scoundrels who are raping the system........do you realize that if you sum up the average welfare checks that a person on AFDC receives as well as the sum of their "food stamps" you get a total income that is still WELL BELOW the poverty line. Given that most who are on AFDC have at least one child that they are supporting, it is frankly astounding to me that they are able to get off AFDC and certainly argues to their strength and desire to be productive members of society who raise their children as my mom raised hers. What you are doing is responding to a minority of people who abuse the system and then claiming that the whole system is corrupt because of those few. This is reactionary and dangerous, and as I said before, I think helping those in need as they find their way back into productive society is well worth it.

My last point I'd like to make........ do you realize that whenever the unemployment rate goes below a certain percent the federal reserve raises interest rates so as to keep the unemployment rate highter ----this is done to keep the economy from overheating. This means that if every person on welfare were to go out and get jobs then some people currently employed would have to lose their jobs to keep this balance. Under our economic system you cannot have 0% unemployment ---- without social welfare, how are the 5-6% supposed to survive?
 
Have to remember Bill's mother was a CRNA?


ultraconsrvativ said:
The Dems solution to health care is to give more power to mid level practitioners such as nurse practitioners and CRNAs and reduce physicians power and reimbursement. Remember Bill Clinton, via an outgoing executive order, allowed CRNAs to practice independently without a physician. Bush overturned it quickly. Dems want socialized medicine also.
 
ultraconsrvativ said:
The Dems solution to health care is to give more power to mid level practitioners such as nurse practitioners and CRNAs and reduce physicians power and reimbursement. Remember Bill Clinton, via an outgoing executive order, allowed CRNAs to practice independently without a physician. Bush overturned it quickly. Dems want socialized medicine also.
his mom was a CRNA
 
hoop_jumper said:
Anyone who votes democrat is a fool. The payments in Iraq will reap us much more in returns in the future. How much money did we pour into Kuwait from 1991-2003 keeping troops and bases there? Once the region get's some stability I think you will see an excellent return on our investment. As far as McCain I wish his stupid ass would just caucus with the democrats and get the hell out of the party of Reagan. The person to replace W is none other than George Allen (R) Senator from Virginia.


You're probably the only one who admits the real reason why the US went to war in Iraq..$$$$$.

No one in the US gov't gives a crap about other countries except for their natural resources. Now we are "concerned" about Iran and their quest for nuclear technology. Can we be any more hypocritical? I think what we need is a wake-up call.. yes a louder one.. as in Iran cutting off their supply to the oil market and Venezuela to the US to teach us that we can't just go around the world trying to f*** with everyone and expect them to take it.

Who the f*** do we think we are??
 
toughlife said:
You're probably the only one who admits the real reason why the US went to war in Iraq..$$$$$.

No one in the US gov't gives a crap about other countries except for their natural resources. Now we are "concerned" about Iran and their quest for nuclear technology. Can we be any more hypocritical? I think what we need is a wake-up call.. yes a louder one.. as in Iran cutting off their supply to the oil market and Venezuela to the US to teach us that we can't just go around the world trying to f*** with everyone and expect them to take it.

Who the f*** do we think we are??


While I am on my rambling, check out this link. We are governed by crooks whether republican or democrat.

http://tomdelaymovie.com/?utm_sourc...tm_term=march7&utm_campaign=tomdelay_preorder
 
I wish Misterioso would come back and post his opnion so we could settle the earlier bet! Where is that guy when you need him???
 
katinka said:
Unfortunately, I feel this is a simplified statement attempting to describe a complex situation. Life is not one-dimensional, as your statement would lead one to believe. Many of the people living in our country that you would describe as “not wanting to work” in fact do want to work or do work, many of them multiple jobs. However, in the poorer communities, there is a lack of access to resources and a long history of disenfranchisement that acts as an invisible roadblock to their success. In addition, many of the jobs available to those in the poorer communities are minimum wage jobs, which I think you would be hard pressed to argue is a living wage. After Katrina, we saw just how impoverished a large number of people are in our country and it was disturbing.

So why not go to college and get a higher education so they can get a higher paying job, right? You decided to go to medical school…. which obviously followed a successful tract at a four year college. For many, this is an easily attainable option whether they decide to take it or not. However, for a very large set of our population, going to college has never been an option. Not because they could not succeed in college but because of the lack of resources, lack of availability, and lack of hope. For me, it was never a question….. if I wanted to go to college, I could at any time. Now imagine if you were raised in a poor family, no one before you has gone to college, no one encourages you to go to college and the option of college has never felt open to you. It doesn’t mean it’s still not an option for you, but for many it poses an insurmountable challenge.

But all that aside, as I guess we probably won’t see eye to eye on those issues…… having part of my salary go to assisting others who have less access to resources or are disabled or what have you seems like such a small thing compared to the travesty of the men, women and children in our country who live and die in extreme poverty. Your right, if it were about fairness…it’s not fair that my salary partly goes to others. But to me it is not about fairness, it is about human decency. I am saddened by the despair in our country, and it doesn’t bother me that some of my money goes to helping those in despair. Call me a bleeding heart liberal, as I’m sure that is what you are thinking. And maybe you’re right, but I think there are worse things to be than someone who simply cares about the plight of others.

Having grown up desperately poor it hurts me everytime I read someone spouting the stereotypes of the poor the left promote. I hope someday you learn the reality of the lies you promote and the harm you do to those in this country who are kept down by your ignorance.

Here are some facts you can check:

1. People are DYING trying to get into my country because of the great opportunity to "get ahead" here. These people aren't going after upper level jobs but the well paying labor jobs which require NO education. These jobs pay so well that individuals can live in this country and support families in foreign countries. TELL ME I AM LYING, I DARE YOU.

2. You don't need an education of any kind to have a healthy, happy, rich life in this country. All you have to do is work and save.

3. We have universal healthcare in this country (see any ER) and the people who are on it are getting fatter and less healthy year by year. Look at the demographics.

I think it is morally wrong that our government FORCES the populace to pay for the lifestyles of those who CHOOSE to live recklessly or not work. I grew up in neighborhoods where most parents didn't work, I can tell you stories till yours ears bleed. If you want to give your salary to others that is truly admirable but to force others to do it is evil. I would rather give to those who are working and need a crutch for a month or two, than those who want me to buy them a lounge chair for life.
 
i love bull**** self-righteous rants from right-wingers who love to tell anyone how they made it- all through their own hard work.
Nevermind that in any society there will be a segment that will be chronically unemployable- either through inability, disability, or other circumstances. Just as upward mobility is a great virtue of western societies (through education, entrepeneurship, dumb luck) it cannot be ignored that though the faces may change, a permanent underclass exists, and is simply a reality in any society (through lack of or access to education, capital, bad luck).
Dumb ass generalisations like 'lazy', 'undeserving', 'freeloaders' just ignores the reality of the human condition, but probably make all of us on this board who will be or are earning six figures feel so much more superior.
Hey, maybe if we can't get these lazy bastards to get jobs we could go back to Malthusian economics and sterilise them all and then we'll be done with the have-not class.
By discussing a war (in which Bush flippantly admitted that 30000 civilians have probably died) with such little sympathy for its casualties, or the suffering that it's caused makes this one of the most mean-spirited threads I've ever read. ROI on war? Take a step back and think about that for one second...
But hey, I'm going to be an anesthesiologist making big bucks. From what I've read here I should get used to sitting back with a self-satisfying smirk on my face all the while congratulating myself on how clever I am.
 
Want to see these numbers increase throw in a couple million low-skilled illegal mexicans in there every year


seattledoc said:
Health care spending accounted for 10.9 percent of the GDP in Switzerland, 10.7 percent in Germany, 9.7 percent in Canada and 9.5 percent in France, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
 
We are the bad ass mofos who could wipe any of these countries off the face of the Earth. Iran, Syria, Iraq, and North Korea would have already been the largest lakes of glass in the world if we were doing things right.



toughlife said:
You're probably the only one who admits the real reason why the US went to war in Iraq..$$$$$.

No one in the US gov't gives a crap about other countries except for their natural resources. Now we are "concerned" about Iran and their quest for nuclear technology. Can we be any more hypocritical? I think what we need is a wake-up call.. yes a louder one.. as in Iran cutting off their supply to the oil market and Venezuela to the US to teach us that we can't just go around the world trying to f*** with everyone and expect them to take it.

Who the f*** do we think we are??
 
The Pill Counter said:
i love bull**** self-righteous rants from right-wingers who love to tell anyone how they made it- all through their own hard work.
Nevermind that in any society there will be a segment that will be chronically unemployable- either through inability, disability, or other circumstances. Just as upward mobility is a great virtue of western societies (through education, entrepeneurship, dumb luck) it cannot be ignored that though the faces may change, a permanent underclass exists, and is simply a reality in any society (through lack of or access to education, capital, bad luck).
Dumb ass generalisations like 'lazy', 'undeserving', 'freeloaders' just ignores the reality of the human condition, but probably make all of us on this board who will be or are earning six figures feel so much more superior.
Hey, maybe if we can't get these lazy bastards to get jobs we could go back to Malthusian economics and sterilise them all and then we'll be done with the have-not class.
By discussing a war (in which Bush flippantly admitted that 30000 civilians have probably died) with such little sympathy for its casualties, or the suffering that it's caused makes this one of the most mean-spirited threads I've ever read. ROI on war? Take a step back and think about that for one second...
But hey, I'm going to be an anesthesiologist making big bucks. From what I've read here I should get used to sitting back with a self-satisfying smirk on my face all the while congratulating myself on how clever I am.

Well said! America's slowly waking up...Bushco's sitting at 33% approval rating now...an all time low.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
katinka said:
Okay, so if I am to follow your argument here, then tell me what incentive we are giving corporations to get off welfare? I am often frustrated that people get so riled up about social welfare, but turn their face from the vast amount of government spending that goes to corporate welfare in this country...... and we're talking about welfare to corporations that turn grand profits every year, far greater than the sum of all our incomes will ever be.

Can you please explain to me what your argument has to do with the democrats always promising the world to welfare recipients? What you say is true and what is also true is that what you say happens under the watch of both democrats and republicans alike. I just don't see what your point is?
 
HunterGatherer said:
So the Democratic Party should be swaying the vote of the "people on welfare...who have been on welfare for say....most of their life". In your previous post you mentioned swaying the black and hispanic vote. I see where you are coming from now. 🙄


Do you really? Please tell me who the MAJORITY of welfare recipients are? You can't hide the facts buddy! 🙄
 
hoop_jumper said:
We are the bad ass mofos who could wipe any of these countries off the face of the Earth. Iran, Syria, Iraq, and North Korea would have already been the largest lakes of glass in the world if we were doing things right.


Please don't travel outside the US with that attitude. It gives americans a bad wrap.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i love bull**** self-righteous rants from right-wingers who love to tell anyone how they made it- all through their own hard work.

And I love the mindless rants of the liberals with absoltuely no fact to back up anything they say...just rant rant rant. That's why the american people cannot trust the democrats. I love the above statement as well. You just described a capatalistic society....work hard, reap the benefits.....PERIOD!!! Will there still be unfortunate souls who will not make it no matter what? Sure, but that's life! It not only happens in the US of A...it happens worldwide!!
 
Hard work and effort do not necessarily lead to success. There will always exist hardworking, honest folk who struggle to get by and will benefit from the assistance of those with better lots in life.

It seems to me that people vehemently opposed to welfare like to think that those receiving assistance are all a bunch of lazy, no-good cheaters of the system. Thinking this way certainly makes them feel better about themselves and their reluctance to give.

Bleeding heart liberals seem all too willing to throw money at the poor without examining how deserving they are of it. Unlike most people, I am willing to let someone starve if they are not willing to put forth an effort to improve their lot, to be a productive member of society. The distribution of welfare monies should be re-done somehow so that the deserving do get help, while the undeserving get nothing. Do or die.
 
jetproppilot said:
I'll focus on myself, which is taboo in medicine.

I work hard for my money, despite what Mysterioso thinks.

And I'm not a fan for my taxes supporting people that dont wanna work for a living.

George Bush can stay in my crib whenever he wants.

He needs some public speaking lessons, but I'm still in his corner.

what a SICK post...i LOVE it! there's too many bums out there that just like to d*ck around all day (literally too) and live off the system. but i also agree that G-Dub needs someone to speak for him whenever he's out in public.
 
hoop_jumper said:
Want to see these numbers increase throw in a couple million low-skilled illegal mexicans in there every year

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattledoc
Health care spending accounted for 10.9 percent of the GDP in Switzerland, 10.7 percent in Germany, 9.7 percent in Canada and 9.5 percent in France, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

another TRUE post...let's close those borders huh??
 
There will always be bums living off the system. In Europe there are many more bums living off the system thx to their socialist govt's. No matter how you slice it many of those living on the system have no desire to go bust their azz at Mickey D's to support their family. They'd rather chill with their arms extended.
Oh and don't feed me this BS how minimum wages can't support families. Immigrants come in this country every day and manage to support their families just fine with jobs that you and I would **** on. The problem is that the minimum wage is hardly better than all the free money we hand out - so where is the incentive to work? Guess what? Life is a b!tch and some people are born luckier than others. Don't let that fool you into thinking we should be doling out cash to help every single poor person out. Helping with umemployment for limited periods makes sense - allowing a person to live 40 yrs on welfare is complete BS.
Bush sounds like he has Down's and it goes to show how much confidence Americans have in the Democratic way that they STILL elected him back for another 4 yrs. :laugh:
And before you grill me for being a Republican let it be known that you are a fool if you don't believe 99% of politicians are full of it - regardless of party. 😴
 
Gonna let you in on little known secret... BUSH AIN'T RUNNING FOR REELECTION SO POLLS DON'T MEAN SCHIZNIT



no oxygen said:
Well said! America's slowly waking up...Bushco's sitting at 33% approval rating now...an all time low.
 
I tried to stay away from this post, but unfortunately I didn't...

Are you people physicians??? What kind of dingus thinks that lazy people should just go ahead and die? I've gotten pretty jaded over the years of training, but you people are scumbags.

No wonder NOBODY has any sympathy left for physicians. You people are overwhelmingly middle-to-upper middle class caucasians and you speak like you know what it is like for poor minorities and act (not unlike "bleeding-heart liberals") like you know what's best for them. Anyone paying ANY attention to what has happened in the last 12 years knows that the rich got much richer and the poor.. not so much. Do you think it's just because they didn't work hard enough? Spend a little more time talking to your patients and you might be less appalling.

As for which party to support. Well neither of them have done anything positive for medicine as long as I can remember. Medicare is failing and the only solution anyone has proposed is cuts in services and physician payments. We have a mess of insurance companies who do everything in their power deny payments to physicians and to frustrate their clients. The Democrats half-ass their proposals for meaningful reforms and the Republicans (along with the American Medical Association) think the solution is Health Savings Accounts??? Are you kidding me!?? Our outcomes in the US are some of the worst of any industrialized nation in the world and it's the most expensive. Our system WILL fail in our lifetimes (probably within 15 years) and we will be the ones hurt financially. Why the hell will the public have any sympathy for us when we haven't been advocating for what is UNDENIABLY a more effective system in universal coverage. Additionally it would be the single biggest pro-small business initiative in American history for you so-called conservatives.

Here's hoping you all have trouble paying off your loans.
 
Hillary is not the answer. I will never vote for a female president. She'll be in office one month, get her period, and run over and push the button.
 
starsop93 said:
Are you people physicians??? What kind of dingus thinks that lazy people should just go ahead and die?.

I used to be a poor minority.

I worked hard. I delayed gratification. I served time in the military in far and away dreadful places.

I'm now a moderately succussfully physician.

And yes, lazy people, including other physicians, should just go ahead and die.

I have no sympathy for laziness.
 
no oxygen said:
Well said! America's slowly waking up...Bushco's sitting at 33% approval rating now...an all time low.
Emphasis on Slowly. Quick....Somebody somebody at the white house...step it up on the sevo...we need more 'red alerts', 'I value freedom', 'war on terror', 'axis of evil', 'Fox news alert','Insurgency', 'what God would want', 'suicide bomber', '56 killed in roadside bomb', 'more troops deployed', 'winning the war on terror', 'democritisation'.....

"Hey anesthesia....just push the Fcukin' drugs, and get those pictures of dead american soldiers outta here. What the **** are you reading?.....a history book???.....Fcukin' overeducated liberal"
 
I am torn.

I voted for Bush because I did not like the Democrats' way of handling medical care. (John Edwards and his doctor's salaries should be capped at $95K can both go straight to !@#$)

That being said, Bush is slowly but surely wrecking this country. Has anyone's approval rating dropped lower?

And why is that our president can still be in power with a 30 something % approval but I need a 70% in order to remain at my medical school? Someone explain that for me? 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
starsop93 said:
I tried to stay away from this post, but unfortunately I didn't...

Are you people physicians??? What kind of dingus thinks that lazy people should just go ahead and die? I've gotten pretty jaded over the years of training, but you people are scumbags.

No wonder NOBODY has any sympathy left for physicians. You people are overwhelmingly middle-to-upper middle class caucasians and you speak like you know what it is like for poor minorities and act (not unlike "bleeding-heart liberals") like you know what's best for them. Anyone paying ANY attention to what has happened in the last 12 years knows that the rich got much richer and the poor.. not so much. Do you think it's just because they didn't work hard enough? Spend a little more time talking to your patients and you might be less appalling.

As for which party to support. Well neither of them have done anything positive for medicine as long as I can remember. Medicare is failing and the only solution anyone has proposed is cuts in services and physician payments. We have a mess of insurance companies who do everything in their power deny payments to physicians and to frustrate their clients. The Democrats half-ass their proposals for meaningful reforms and the Republicans (along with the American Medical Association) think the solution is Health Savings Accounts??? Are you kidding me!?? Our outcomes in the US are some of the worst of any industrialized nation in the world and it's the most expensive. Our system WILL fail in our lifetimes (probably within 15 years) and we will be the ones hurt financially. Why the hell will the public have any sympathy for us when we haven't been advocating for what is UNDENIABLY a more effective system in universal coverage. Additionally it would be the single biggest pro-small business initiative in American history for you so-called conservatives.

Here's hoping you all have trouble paying off your loans.
Being a person of 'color'...I must disagree with you.

and YES, I talk to my patients. Yes, I have even lived around where my pts have lived. As militaryMD and others have said on here, minorities CAN work just as hard (if they choose) and get out of the hole. I think the excuse of, "I'm colored and the white man is supressing me" is a whole bunch of BS NOWADAYS. I would have agreed with that arguement perhaps 50 years ago. But now, look at how many Afr American and Asian CEOs and highly paid workers exist in America. Dont have the numbers of hand, but I was reading Fortune Mag about a month ago and many of them were on there.

I think financial prowess takes great discipline and CONTROL to achieve. People have to learn to be frugal at times. They have to learn to use condoms. THey have to learn that unwanted births cause unwanted children and a refueling of this vicious cycle of poverty. Yes, wealth and financial health are correlate with discipline and control. Dont believe me, read about these CEOs of big time companies, they get into their offices at 4:30AM!!

read this article of how this family lived: http://money.cnn.com/2006/03/22/pf/millionaire/turner/index.htm

I personally feel that most of us worked our tails off. We sacrficied time and energy, and yes it's not becuase we just wanted to mk $$$, but because this is an extremely self-rewarding and 'good' profession. In no way do I feel that those that are not working or are LAZY to work should benefit from my hard work.

I'm sure with all the immigration protests that are happening around America (you have to be on another planet if you dont know this is occuring) you realize that the major arguement these protestors have is that they are doing the work that no AMERICAN wants to perform. Sure, they may be doing it at a 'cheaper' rate, but what's the bottom line...there are JOBS but some ppl just dont want to perform them.

oh and about medicine and health care being btter in other countries. :laugh: are you kidding me? Have you seen the mess that 'socialized' medicine has done in Canada and some European countries? Socialized medicine in those countries have made hospitals into what we would consider "county" hospitals...meaning sure care may cost you next to nil, but good luck getting an appointment. wanna wait two months for an appt? I dont.
 
ThinkFast007 said:
As militaryMD and others have said on here, minorities CAN work just as hard (if they choose) and get out of the hole. I think the excuse of, "I'm colored and the white man is supressing me" is a whole bunch of BS NOWADAYS. I would have agreed with that arguement perhaps 50 years ago. But now, look at how many Afr American and Asian CEOs and highly paid workers exist in America. Dont have the numbers of hand, but I was reading Fortune Mag about a month ago and many of them were on there.

I agree that there are more opportunities now for minorities. However, I still don't believe total equality is present yet. The CEO's you saw in the magazine represent a small portion of the actual minorities working out there. There is still a considerable glass ceiling for minorities.
 
militarymd said:
I'm an ignorant ex-military redneck anesthesiologist who lives in the south....and I'll pick one Dick and one Bush.

you forgot to add racist.. Ive perused your previous threads.
 
When did this thread start up again? I missed out.

Bottom line: Work hard and make no excuses and you will succeed in America. Minority or not.

Now that we are all doctors or very close, do you hear "man, I wanted to go to medical school, but...." I hear this all of the time. You know what that means....you did not work hard enough or you made excuses like "when I am older, when I can afford it, after I have kids..and stuff like that."

Going to medical school was not easy. I owe 167K. I have one kid and one due on 5/5/06 (happy cinco de Mayo to me) and I have the best wife in the world. Was it easy? NO. This is why I am so agaisnt liberalism. I am agaisnt a concept that rewards laziness and procrastination. I am agianst taxing the rich to pay for social programs (not all, but most).
 
cubs3canes said:
When did this thread start up again? I missed out.

Bottom line: Work hard and make no excuses and you will succeed in America. Minority or not.

Now that we are all doctors or very close, do you hear "man, I wanted to go to medical school, but...." I hear this all of the time. You know what that means....you did not work hard enough or you made excuses like "when I am older, when I can afford it, after I have kids..and stuff like that."

Going to medical school was not easy. I owe 167K. I have one kid and one due on 5/5/06 (happy cinco de Mayo to me) and I have the best wife in the world. Was it easy? NO. This is why I am so agaisnt liberalism. I am agaisnt a concept that rewards laziness and procrastination. I am agianst taxing the rich to pay for social programs (not all, but most).

I couldn't agree with you more. I am a similar situation; I have a four year old, another one due on 4/11, my dad passed away weeks before I took my step 2 and the most understanding wife. While most of my friends who did not get into medical school here in the states were saying things like "I'm going to do some research to buff up my application" or "i'm going to get a masters then go to med school" or "I'm going to take some time off and work a little," I said screw this, I'm going to Mexico to fulfill my dream. I then transferred to Ross and will now be starting residency in the best specialty in the world...gas! Was it easy? Hell no! Did I complain at all? Hell no! I just rolled with the punches, worked my tail off and I WILL reap the benefits in the near future and I will NOT feel sorry for those who kept procrastinating and those people who are just flat out lazy! That is also why I just cannot support liberalism.
 
cubs3canes said:
Going to medical school was not easy. I owe 167K. I have one kid and one due on 5/5/06 (happy cinco de Mayo to me) and I have the best wife in the world. Was it easy? NO. This is why I am so agaisnt liberalism. I am agaisnt a concept that rewards laziness and procrastination. I am agianst taxing the rich to pay for social programs (not all, but most).


First of all you will soon find o ut that nobody cares how hard you worked or how much you owe.. I certainly dont care. And you certainly dont care that i owe 185k plus which im paying off now. Nobody cares how hard you worked either.. so get off your soap box.. I worked just as hard as you did. and there are many many people who did as well.. And I dont care how many kids you have or plan to have.. Sorry if that sounds harsh.. That is your business. Nobody told you to have that many kids. IF it was that much of a sacrifice. maybe you shouldnt have had any.

What does liberalism have to do with it? Not that Im a liberal but it has nothing to do with how hard you work.. Look at Bill Clinton.. (moderate democrat) his CV shows much more sacrifice then "W's" . Kerry, Kennedy, Biden, Dean . All these guys in the democratic party have stellar CVS. More so then the Republicans I think..
 
militarymd said:
I used to be a poor minority.

I worked hard. I delayed gratification. I served time in the military in far and away dreadful places.

I'm now a moderately succussfully physician.

And yes, lazy people, including other physicians, should just go ahead and die.

I have no sympathy for laziness.

DUDE youare a freak.. Just because you are lazy you have to go ahead and die.. WOW.. easy there turbo. calm down.. There is room for lazy people everywhere
 
stephend7799 said:
First of all you will soon find o ut that nobody cares how hard you worked or how much you owe.. I certainly dont care. And you certainly dont care that i owe 185k plus which im paying off now. Nobody cares how hard you worked either.. so get off your soap box.. I worked just as hard as you did. and there are many many people who did as well.. And I dont care how many kids you have or plan to have.. Sorry if that sounds harsh.. That is your business. Nobody told you to have that many kids. IF it was that much of a sacrifice. maybe you shouldnt have had any.

What does liberalism have to do with it? Not that Im a liberal but it has nothing to do with how hard you work.. Look at Bill Clinton.. (moderate democrat) his CV shows much more sacrifice then "W's" . Kerry, Kennedy, Biden, Dean . All these guys in the democratic party have stellar CVS. More so then the Republicans I think..

I am sure that Kennedy has a great CV. Man that Chappaquiddick thing must be right on top. If Kennedy was not named Kennedy and he had his problems, there is no way he would be Senator. He would be living on the streets. Dean also has a great quote, "then off to South Carolina, AGGGHHHHH." He was also the governer of Vermont. Tough job. Lots of problems in Vermont huh?

Anyway, those are all great men with great courage and they worked hard. Did they get welfare? No. Did they pull themselves up by their boat straps? Yes. That is what Military MD and I are saying. If you work hard, you can come out on top. This is not the liberal philosophy. They believe in taxing, taxing, taxing, and then helping the people that can not help themselves.

If you work hard, you will get what you want. I am not complaining that I worked hard. I am proud of my work, as a I am sure that you are. However, it pisses me off that I see people every day that do not work and live off of the government dime...especially in my city. There is so much work down here in New Orleans. So much opportunity to make a lot of money just as a cook, laborer, or even a jainitor, yet these jobs go unfilled but Dept. of Labor still pays plenty of welfare and unemployment.

As far as my kids, it was not a sacrifice. I am so happy that I was able to have kids and still be around to actually raise them. I made a conscious decision and I have not regretted it since. Once again, you proved my point. If I make decisions and live with the results that I am practicing personal responsibilty. I am not asking the government for any money and I am proud of it.

Finally, WHY DO PEOPLE GET CALLED A RACIST WHEN THEY TALK AGAISNT WELFARE AND FOR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILTY?

MilitaryMD has not made a single racist comment.
 
A great Quote from stephend7799.

"DUDE who gives a **** about this girl... tell her to come over.. tell her to bring her favorite beers drink a few beers with her and F *** her. then tell her to leave. you have to be up early and just do this a few times until she gets sick of being used for sex and she is gone.."

You are going to be a great surgeon. Try not to kill any of my patients.
 
cubs3canes said:
Finally, WHY DO PEOPLE GET CALLED A RACIST WHEN THEY TALK AGAISNT WELFARE AND FOR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILTY?

MilitaryMD has not made a single racist comment.

yo cubs...it's the liberal spinsters that do that. Every time there is a touchy subject adn a conservative goes against it, they'll call him a "racist" or whatever else to throw mud on them.

I agree...if you work your butt off, you can succeed in life. bottom line!

People will say, well in the hood, etc "it's so hard to get a good education etc, when everyone in the hood is trying to put you down and that's just how the culture is down there". That's a bunch of BS too. no matter what creed, culture, or social class if an individual has the inner motivation to move up and suceed they, and ONLY they can mk it happen.
 
ThinkFast007 said:
yo cubs...it's the liberal spinsters that do that. Every time there is a touchy subject adn a conservative goes against it, they'll call him a "racist" or whatever else to throw mud on them.

I agree...if you work your butt off, you can succeed in life. bottom line!

People will say, well in the hood, etc "it's so hard to get a good education etc, when everyone in the hood is trying to put you down and that's just how the culture is down there". That's a bunch of BS too. no matter what creed, culture, or social class if an individual has the inner motivation to move up and suceed they, and ONLY they can mk it happen.


I agree with the above statement.. But military if i remember some months back stated.. if I remember.. saying that african americans were of limited capability or something like that.. Its the way they were born... i dont have time to review all of his posts.. I think thats racist... dont you?
 
stephend7799 said:
I agree with the above statement.. But military if i remember some months back stated.. if I remember.. saying that african americans were of limited capability or something like that.. Its the way they were born... i dont have time to review all of his posts.. I think thats racist... dont you?

I believe that was zippy.
 
Whats racist is the NAACP, the Ms. Black America Pageant, the united negro college fund, the congressional black caucus, national society of black engineers, national urban league, national association of black journalist, national black child development institute, malcom X institute for black studies, black graduate students association.

You cant preach and lobby for equality for all and the elimination of segregrations when today the black community seperates themselves from the main population more than anything.

Im not saying that discriminaiton does not exist but reverse discrimination is just as prevalent these days. The black leaders of this nation would be pitching a fit and suing everyone if we had a Ms. America pageant only for whites, had a national institute for White child dev. a united cracker or honky college fund, or a robert E lee institute for white studies. Whites could never get away with this without blacks going crazy, suing and claiming discrimiation, racism, and unfairness. Yet Blacks can get government funding to start black only organizations ect to push their agenda.

I am for a totally fair and equal society as blacks preach they want as well. Well lets abolish these devisive groups and work together. Why should we be interested in only black child dev. when dev. of all children in the country no matter race is more impt. Why only have a black ms america pageant when infact african american women can and have won the regular non discriminatory ms. america.

The more you seperate yourselves from other groups the more distant you feel from the general population you long to be a equal part of and the more the general popuation looks at you as not being a equal part of the general population. Minorities have more opportunities and hold more positions of power than ever before. Its up to them to take advantage of those opportunities and not the general populations responsibility when they choose the lazy route and want a free ride.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nitecap said:
Whats racist is the NAACP, the Ms. Black America Pageant, the united negro college fund, the congressional black caucus, national society of black engineers, national urban league, national association of black journalist, national black child development institute, malcom X institute for black studies, black graduate students association.

You cant preach and lobby for equality for all and the elimination of segregrations when today the black community seperates themselves from the main population more than anything.

Im not saying that discriminaiton does not exist but reverse discrimination is just as prevalent these days. The black leaders of this nation would be pitching a fit and suing everyone if we had a Ms. America pageant only for whites, had a national institute for White child dev. a united cracker or honky college fund, or a robert E lee institute for white studies. Whites could never get away with this without blacks going crazy, suing and claiming discrimiation, racism, and unfairness. Yet Blacks can get government funding to start black only organizations ect to push their agenda.

I am for a totally fair and equal society as blacks preach they want as well. Well lets abolish these devisive groups and work together. Why should we be interested in only black child dev. when dev. of all children in the country no matter race is more impt. Why only have a black ms america pageant when infact african american women can and have won the regular non discriminatory ms. america.

The more you seperate yourselves from other groups the more distant you feel from the general population you long to be a equal part of and the more the general popuation looks at you as not being a equal part of the general population. Minorities have more opportunities and hold more positions of power than ever before. Its up to them to take advantage of those opportunities and not the general populations responsibility when they choose the lazy route and want a free ride.

😱 😱

Uhhhhh.....

Couldnt've said it better myself.

Nice post, Nite.
 
nitecap said:
Im not saying that discriminaiton does not exist but reverse discrimination is just as prevalent these days. The black leaders of this nation would be pitching a fit and suing everyone if we had a united cracker or honky college fund, or a robert E lee institute for white studies..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

yeah, this made me pee pee on myself.

sad...but true. Can you see that Farrakhan m uther fu ucker if some entity established the

UCCF?????

United Crakka College Fund

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

riots. everywhere.