White board...or scratch paper--ROANOKE testing center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sakbar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm SO confused about whether I will get a white board or scratch paper and pencil to use during my DAT.....does it vary from test center to test center?

If anyone's taken the test in Roanoke...could they let me know what they had....and I'll just call the center and see for myself...

Also....if I do get a white board....is it going to hinder me A LOT? Or is it something I could adapt to with enough practice?

Thank you so much!

-Sara

Members don't see this ad.

I did all my scratch work on paper when I was studying, and then I had to use the whiteboards, they're not that bad at all. Just be sure to cap your markers as they dry out like crazy go nuts. I went through 5 markers, but you do have a spare, and you just raise your hand and the staff will bring you a new one in like 10 seconds if they're good.

Don't worry, it's not that hard to use them. If you want to practice, go to kinko's and laminate a 8 1/2 X 11 piece of orange paper, that's exactly what you get. The person at my testing center said that they're all supposed to be doing the whiteboards (though they're not white) and markers now.

Good luck!

Call up the center and ask them what sized markers they give out. Practice with those to be comfortable with the writing style of the tip.