White Coat attire for girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotmilk1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do most girls wear to the white coat ceremony? Dress? Shirt and skirt? or Shirt and pants?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are plain dresses preferred or floral print dresses ok?

Edit: I have a dress with a floral print similar to this: http://image4.oasap.com/o_img/2013/05/16/29099-166653-big/Purple-Floral-Print-Dress.jpg . Is it ok?

Floral is okay. In my opinion a conservative cut/length is more important than the pattern, although you might try to avoid something too loud or garish. Girls wore all sorts of dresses to my school's ceremony, ranging from maybe-too-short to bright colors to "wear-to-work"ish outfits, though a year later I can't remember the specifics of what anyone in particular wore lol. Just pick something you feel comfortable in.

Unfortunately our school mandated that we all wear a "white top with black skirt or pants" for whatever reason so I'm jealous of your ability to choose! Had I been able to dress myself like the adult that I am, would've gone with a classic sheath dress - flattering and conservative. Florals or solid, both would work! Enjoy :)