• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

White coats...

mahme

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2005
    So I don't have a uniform store here. I was wondering if they're similar to like pants for the waist length (e.g. if I wear a 32, get a 32 waist length clinic jacket?)

danke.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Volunteer Staff
    Lifetime Donor
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Dec 11, 2004
    Texas
    1. Dentist
      mahme said:
      So I don't have a uniform store here. I was wondering if they're similar to like pants for the waist length (e.g. if I wear a 32, get a 32 waist length clinic jacket?)

danke.

This is the info I got off of a website that sells lab coats.

For Men:

Men should order their regular suit size. If you're unsure of your correct size, determine your actual chest measurement by placing a measuring tape snugly around your chest under the armpits. Call us, and we will be happy to help you select the correct size based on this measurement. If you are 6'1" or taller, choose styles that are available in tall sizes.

For Women:

Women may order by dress size as follows: XS (4-6), S (8-10), M (12-14), L (16-18), XL (20-42), XXL (44-46), XXXL (48). For assistance with selecting the proper size, call us with your bust, waist, and hip measurements. Measure your bust by placing a measuring tape comfortably (not tightly) across the shoulder blades, under the arms, and across the fullest part of your bust. Measure hips across the fullest part. It is usually most accurate to have someone else measure you.

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jun 4, 2004
      Philadelphia, PA
        mahme said:

danke.

Do you have to buy your own? If the white coat is for a ceremony the school will supply it to you. If it is for the lab I would imagine the school would have a contractor, such as Aramark, supply and handle the jackets (cleaning, etc.). If you do have to buy them, the jacket size is different than waist size (i.e. if your waist is 32" chances are you don't want to have a jacket that is 32" as a jacket/coat is measured through the chest and you need to have plenty of room to flex your arms). Most vendors will know which sizes correspond to small, medium, large, and so on.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.