White coats...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mahme

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I don't have a uniform store here. I was wondering if they're similar to like pants for the waist length (e.g. if I wear a 32, get a 32 waist length clinic jacket?)

danke.

Members don't see this ad.

mahme said:
So I don't have a uniform store here. I was wondering if they're similar to like pants for the waist length (e.g. if I wear a 32, get a 32 waist length clinic jacket?)

danke.

This is the info I got off of a website that sells lab coats.

For Men:

Men should order their regular suit size. If you're unsure of your correct size, determine your actual chest measurement by placing a measuring tape snugly around your chest under the armpits. Call us, and we will be happy to help you select the correct size based on this measurement. If you are 6'1" or taller, choose styles that are available in tall sizes.

For Women:

Women may order by dress size as follows: XS (4-6), S (8-10), M (12-14), L (16-18), XL (20-42), XXL (44-46), XXXL (48). For assistance with selecting the proper size, call us with your bust, waist, and hip measurements. Measure your bust by placing a measuring tape comfortably (not tightly) across the shoulder blades, under the arms, and across the fullest part of your bust. Measure hips across the fullest part. It is usually most accurate to have someone else measure you.

mahme said:

danke.

Do you have to buy your own? If the white coat is for a ceremony the school will supply it to you. If it is for the lab I would imagine the school would have a contractor, such as Aramark, supply and handle the jackets (cleaning, etc.). If you do have to buy them, the jacket size is different than waist size (i.e. if your waist is 32" chances are you don't want to have a jacket that is 32" as a jacket/coat is measured through the chest and you need to have plenty of room to flex your arms). Most vendors will know which sizes correspond to small, medium, large, and so on.

tinman831 said:
This is the info I got off of a website that sells lab coats.

For Women:
call us with your bust......Measure your bust by placing a measuring tape comfortably (not tightly) .

you can call me!