Who are the bigger geeks/dorks/nerds, etc. ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who are the bigger dorks?

• Engineering Students

Votes: 164 71.6%
  • Pre-Med Students

Votes: 65 28.4%

• Total voters
jackieMD2007 said:
My favorite in college (I wasn't a pre-med then! Just a regular science nerdette) was watching the pre-meds PRETEND to be friends with each other.

Its like they were only nice or civil to each other so they could be in each other's business, or get to study with the "smartest" person or whatever, not like they wanted to be actual friends, no no, they just wanted to be able to share test scores and notes and have pissing contests in the quad.[/QUOTE

Hazeus! That's terrible, please tell me that was at a large university?

Members don't see this ad.

Zoom-Zoom said:
Engineers. Why? Because I have twice now seen a student brushing his teeth in the engineering library bathroom. Why? Because they sleep there. I'm not joking.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ROFL

Dr Durden said:
Yes, I too go to Vanderbilt and I am a senior applying this cycle. Yes, I have an mdapps profile, but no it's not linked here. Yes, I'm a fellow enginerd (and damn proud of it), but in case my previous posts weren't clear, no, I'm not a BME. That should be more than enough hints for now ;)

:luck: to all you Dores. Who ya with?!

But back to the topic at hand...

I don't mean to make this a personal interview, but what's that person doing in that avatar?

Honestly, it could be anything from a scientist creating a fusion reactor to a person dramatically opening a cup of apple juice.

Just curious.
-Dr. P.

Dr. Pepper said:
I would still say that Engineer students are the biggest nerds.

Your first paragraph is correct (though I doubt engineer students procrastinate that much), but the main reason why they cooperate together so well is because they don't have to compete. Only a limited number of people can go to medical school, but let's face it, the world will always need more and more engineers. The biggest challenge for an engineer is getting through undergrad with a 3.0+ GPA (and maybe graduate school). While tests are important, they don't compare to the importance of the MCAT for a pre-med.

With that said, I really do admire (most) engineers for being much friendlier and less competitive than pre-meds.

But pull out any trivia game, and the answer will be clear: engineering students are the bigger nerds/geeks (not dorks...they're smart ;) )
-Dr. P.

Let's face it. Gre subject exams in math/physics and grad school in engineering is much harder. The questions are at an advanced level in these subjects. If you can't do MCAT, there is no way that you can do the advanced physics and math at the grad level.

Engineering hands down.

Engineers must cooperate. They often work on group projects together.