WHO books no longer being printed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was told the WHO was getting out the Pathology Tumor Book biz so I got as many as I could unfortunately got this email today:
Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
item from your order:

IARC "Pathology And Genetics of Skin Tumours (World Health
Organization Classification of Tumours)"

Looks like the IARC will not be printing any of the planned books. With the demise of the AFIP, some of these books will become very hard to find. Suggest you all buy as many as you can now.

Members don't see this ad.

actually i think the WHO books are printed in short, limited spurts. Once the books run out, they don't print any more in anticipation of updated editions.

Not all the WHO books are available now, however many of them are in print. If they are out of print, there is probably a revised edition being made....

some of the who books will be available as on-line books. I know the neuro book has been out of print and can be found on aution site for $300+

They (IARC) are working on institutional rates for the on-line subscriptions, or at least that is what they told me a few months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know an attending who is writing a chapter in the upcoming WHO Neuropathology book - not sure when it is due to come out.

this might be a stupid question, but then again there are no stupid questions in path, are they gonna still make some attempt to publish some kind of fasicles like the AFIP used to? or did that die with the AFIP?:luck:

Folks what Im saying is the IARC isnt going to publish anymore WHO books, the Dermpath one was already written, it now has no publisher.

The rest of the amazon email says the book is essentially not available from anyone.

Now I could be totally confused, but this is what some path faculty recently told me...

Folks what Im saying is the IARC isnt going to publish anymore WHO books, the Dermpath one was already written, it now has no publisher.

The rest of the amazon email says the book is essentially not available from anyone.

Now I could be totally confused, but this is what some path faculty recently told me...
I own it. I'll sell it to you for 1,000 bucks.;)

Just received the WHO skin "tumours" blue book today - it is back in stock at Q corp, forget about amazon they ain't getting this one - I tried for like three months with them.

You bastards, GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are still publishing the AFIP books currently. Us military cats get them all for free (sweet deal:) ). As far as I know, they will continue publishing them. The AFIP situation is far from settled, and most of us believe that the AFIP will continue in some form. Hopefully it will get taken from under the DoD and be placed under the NIH.

The books are published as a collaborative effort between the AFIP and the American Registry of Pathology. The ARP is a sideline AFIP operation and AFAIK is not subject to the BRAC closings.

Series IV of the fasicles is producing some absolutely beautiful books. The are publishing tumor (red) and non-neoplastic (blue) editions.

They are still publishing the AFIP books currently. Us military cats get them all for free (sweet deal:) ). As far as I know, they will continue publishing them. The AFIP situation is far from settled, and most of us believe that the AFIP will continue in some form. Hopefully it will get taken from under the DoD and be placed under the NIH.

The books are published as a collaborative effort between the AFIP and the American Registry of Pathology. The ARP is a sideline AFIP operation and AFAIK is not subject to the BRAC closings.

Series IV of the fasicles is producing some absolutely beautiful books. The are publishing tumor (red) and non-neoplastic (blue) editions.
Yes they are quite loverly.....
Having online access to the books owned is especially nice.