Who chickened out at the last minute on taking the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathdr2b

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
That would be me. Just too stressed form other things right now to take the dam test. So for another 80$ (after the refund) I get to take it in August but I'll still be applying with my old scores in July.:(

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, i am sorry, pathdr2b! I didnt' know you were studying for the April MCAT.

Don't worry! If you felt in your heart that you weren't ready, then your instincts were probably right. And you will be fine because you have the whole summer to study for the MCAT and you already studied in the spring, so the practice will be easier and I am sure you will do Fantastic in August MCAT!

I bailed out 2 1/2 weeks before test date. Same reason as above. I have the summer to study for Aug.

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided I wasn't ready, so I took the test anyway and voided my score. It was a great learning experience (seriously).

I chickened out, permantently. I made the decision to finish nurse practitioner school (I only have about 14 months left). If I'm still not happy, then I'll go to med school afterwards. It'll only make it easier to get in with a Master's and experience as an NP anyway. (I got a SWEEEEET deal with a doctor -- will make 80-100K/year to start, and 8-5 mon-fri hours with no call ever.) Add that with $800/year for malpractice insurance and about $120,000 less debt... I can't imagine myself going back to med school... but good luck to those of you pursuing medicine... I hope I didn't poop in your easter basket. :)