who else uses openevidence in their practice?

Started by TIVAndy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

who uses openevidence in their practice?

  • On a daily basis

    Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Use it sometimes

    Votes: 8 38.1%
  • never heard of it

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • i hate computers

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    21

TIVAndy

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's been a game changer for me - I use it on a daily basis and there's no turning back from here

1. look up quick clinical questions - evidence based
2. write rebuttal/appeal letters in a minute
3. use as AI scribe in clinic
4. get CME credits

www.openevidence.com
 
The CME for questions and things is nice with OpenEvidence, but I've been using ChatGPT for rebuttal/appeals. Abridge was sweet for Epic notes but I'll have to check out OE or Doximity
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we're using Dax Copilot now with Epic which is ok but I'd like to have less inputs with it. have to go back and select diagnoses and adjust things in the Assessment Plan section. I don't like the output which is just paragraph form in the AP section. would prefer bulleted list of next steps so I usually just bold the important text. I do like that I can call out the exam findings and it puts that into the PE section.

the HPI portion is the most helpful as it captures the pertinent stuff from the patient and is pretty accurate. changes are sometimes necessary to get what's really needed from an authorization standpoint though.
 
we're using Dax Copilot now with Epic which is ok but I'd like to have less inputs with it. have to go back and select diagnoses and adjust things in the Assessment Plan section. I don't like the output which is just paragraph form in the AP section. would prefer bulleted list of next steps so I usually just bold the important text. I do like that I can call out the exam findings and it puts that into the PE section.

the HPI portion is the most helpful as it captures the pertinent stuff from the patient and is pretty accurate. changes are sometimes necessary to get what's really needed from an authorization standpoint though.
For our version, you can customize how the h&p and assessment/plan show up. I have instructions to give the diagnosis and imaging findings in assessment as a single paragraph, and then plan in short bullet point form. Physical exam. I also have instructions so it shows up in the format I want. The customization has cut out a lot of the extraneous wording.

It's not perfect but it's to the point where half the time I don't edit anything at all in the other half I may spend 15 seconds editing one or two lines.
 
Last edited:
The CME for questions and things is nice with OpenEvidence, but I've been using ChatGPT for rebuttal/appeals. Abridge was sweet for Epic notes but I'll have to check out OE or Doximity
unless you use a version with BAA signed i worry about potential hipaa violation with chatgpt/claude/whatever regular versions..
 
unless you use a version with BAA signed i worry about potential hipaa violation with chatgpt/claude/whatever regular versions..
Hmm, I normally just avoid any identifying features and copy/paste my relevant note parts, the body of the rejection, and my reasons their rejection is stupid.