who here hates going to the dentist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBestDoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
who here hates going to the dentist and wants to be a dentist

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on the dentist for me. I love my current dentist. He plays rock, the hygenist is SUPER hot but down to earth (she has kids and stuff but it still makes the visit nice) and there is a great view of the valley from the chair.

Members don't see this ad :)
count me in, i went last month for my 6 month checkup, and i was actually hoping he'll do his job, then he started using dental jargon, which i am familiar with and said you have 10 cavities/fillings that have to be taken care off and you will need deep cleaning and a ton of other things, and luckily your 2000 dollars of insurance, which will end in 10 days will cover it so we should do all that is needed as soon as possible. then i told him listen to me, i have one cavity and i don't have any need for deep cleaning so stop trying to rip me off. then he said well you know more than the average patient are you a medical student, i said no i am dental and his dumb lying ass stayed shut. its sad that some dentist try to rip ppl off and get away with it. i hope ppl here wont do that when they become dentists. just because someone has insurance doesn't mean they should be taken advantage off, sometimes its necessary to fix a cavity or a filling but to just use up the allocated insurance is just wrong.

I love going to the dentist, especialy now that I know I am going to be one. Even when I was young I never understood what was so bad about going to the dentist. The only thing I really hated was the flouride treatment (no matter what flavor it was). I just had 4 wisdom teath extracted (soft impactions) last semester, and kind of enjoyed the experience. When I was listening to my jaw pop, I was thinking I get to do this one day. Maybe I am a big nerd.

It really depends on the dentist for me. I love my current dentist. He plays rock, the hygenist is SUPER hot but down to earth (she has kids and stuff but it still makes the visit nice) and there is a great view of the valley from the chair.

lol, My OMFS was listinig to Kansas while doing my extractions. I think I might jam out to some Marley, or some chill jazz. When I told my Cell Professor I was going to dental school he said " Good Choice dental hygenists are way hotter on average then nurses."

im gonna team up with this hot middle eastern girl whos in my class and is also predental then we gonna take over the dental business when we graduate

I enjoy going to my dentist... partly b/c I interned there a year ago, but last time I was in for a cleaning I sat in their new dental chairs. They're were super soft and I wanted to take a nap. Then I teased them that I was going to stop brushing my teeth so I would have to come in and park my butt in those chairs again.

I find it kindda weird that ya'll love to go to the dentist! I work long enough to know that dentists are not loved.

lol, I'm not super keen on going to the dentist. My teeth are bad and every time I go I know it's going to be $$$ out of my pocket. That's why I figure might as well be a dentist so that I can get cheap dental work when my teeth start to fall out 10 years from now :laugh: j/k

I love going. After I get my teeth cleaned I don't want to eat anything because I don't want that clean feeling to go away. I get a little sad thinking that I have to wait a whole 6 months for another appointment.

I know my dentist pretty well so I like going, but it depends what it is for. I mean, I doubt I'd be jumping for joy if I had to have three extractions, a root canal and a crown in order to prep me for implants and a partial fixed denture.

The one part of the dentist I hate every time though is the bill.

I have insurance...but insurance costs money too. but I go to a provider outside my network...so I pay the difference.

man dont u guys/girls have dental insurance????

I have insurance but they only cover up to $1000 which is one root canal. Unfortunately I had that plus some done this past year. Didn't help that I hadn't been to the dentist in over 2 years. Not so good for a predent :oops: ...although in my defense I was traveling most of that time...

Most dentists nowdays dont even take any insurance. They charge you full amount and you have to go to your ins with your bill. They are losing too much money from insurance companies only paying 60% or so.

I am not scared at all of the dentist. I dont care if I walk in there and need a root canal or anything. What I hate is that bill. Is anybody else wondering if they can get free care once they get into dental school? If we do I am holding out man. I can take the pain, but not a three thousand dollar bill.

I am not scared at all of the dentist. I dont care if I walk in there and need a root canal or anything. What I hate is that bill. Is anybody else wondering if they can get free care once they get into dental school? If we do I am holding out man. I can take the pain, but not a three thousand dollar bill.

I think we get discounted dental care at Pacific. I could be wrong though.