Who is re-taking the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDtoBe777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is re-taking the MCAT?

Count me in.

What new strategies are you planning to implement this time around?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in as well (for August '05).

I'll most likely be taking a Kaplan review course this time. I don't know if it will help much though, considering I took Princeton Review this past summer and went through literally ALL of their material (including Practice Tests A-D) as well as AAMC tests 3-6, but still ended up with a measly 25Q.

Everyone on here pimps EK materials so I'll probably look into getting the 1001 Question series. However, I DID go through all 11 EK Verbal 101 tests this past summer and still ended up with a 6 on the real deal. :confused:

So to sum up, yes I will be re-writing, but really not sure what to do different.

I'm in for April '05. I already have alot of material from studying for the August exam, but I didn't get through it all, so I'll do that. I have EK too, but I also ordered their 1001 series for this round of studying. I also have the AMCAS practice exams (3R, 4R, 5R, 6R, and 7), and a friend let me borrow her Kaplan material from when she took the course. I feel like I got a good "head-start" this past summer, so I'll continue where I left off, and then fine-tune my test taking skills. I plan on getting low to mid-30's next April.

Let me re-phrase that . . . I WILL get low to mid-30's next April! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Khenon said:
I'm in for April '05. I already have alot of material from studying for the August exam, but I didn't get through it all, so I'll do that. I have EK too, but I also ordered their 1001 series for this round of studying. I also have the AMCAS practice exams (3R, 4R, 5R, 6R, and 7), and a friend let me borrow her Kaplan material from when she took the course. I feel like I got a good "head-start" this past summer, so I'll continue where I left off, and then fine-tune my test taking skills. I plan on getting low to mid-30's next April.

Let me re-phrase that . . . I WILL get low to mid-30's next April! :laugh:

Yee haw! Count me into the fun too! April 2005 here I come!

I will also be sharing with y'all the joy of studying for the April MCAT ('05). I didn't really study that well for this past August MCAT. I studied for 1 month and only for the physical sciences. I didn't practice verbal or even look at Bio (I took the GRE Subject Biology so I figured it was enough :oops: ). I ended up with VR=7, PS=9, BS=10, and WS=R. I need to raise up that verbal!!!! I will be working with the Princeton books a friend gave me and I am going to try EK for verbal. My GOAL: I hope I'll be able to raise my score from 26R to at least 33S :p Good luck to everyone :luck: