Who should go for the HPSP Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoToHolmes

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a really dumb question but can anybody apply for the HPSP scholarship, even if they were not previously ROTC, in the military, otherwise affiliated with the military? I assume you would also have to meet certain physical standards. Can you apply to the HPSP scholarship if you have already been admitted?

I

Members don't see this ad.

This might be a really dumb question but can anybody apply for the HPSP scholarship, even if they were not previously ROTC, in the military, otherwise affiliated with the military? I assume you would also have to meet certain physical standards. Can you apply to the HPSP scholarship if you have already been admitted?

I
You don’t need to be affiliated with the military to apply nor do you need to have been in ROTC.

You don’t need to be affiliated with the military to apply nor do you need to have been in ROTC.

It’s a little late to finally be considering this though. Air Force and Navy deadlines have already passed and scholars selected and notified (at least for AF already). Army still has a month left but really pushing it to the wire if you haven’t already gone to MEPS.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s a little late to finally be considering this though. Air Force and Navy deadlines have already passed and scholars selected and notified (at least for AF already). Army still has a month left but really pushing it to the wire if you haven’t already gone to MEPS.
True. I was wondering if 3-year scholarships were still a thing, then applying during dental school might be possible (Not in the Navy though). According to my recruiter, Navy will notify recipients by February, March at the latest.

Last edited:
True. I was wondering if 3-year scholarships were still a thing, then applying during dental school might be possible (Not in the Navy though). According to my recruiter, Navy will notify recipients by February, March at the latest.
AF has usually selected around 50 for the 3yr, and Army selects maybe 5-10 (can't remember). But it's small for Army so most recruiters don't even want to work with you if you're also applying for the AF. If there's a chance you can get it with the Army, then you probably have a good chance getting selected for AF too and don't want to lose you to AF if you get both.

Reactions: 1 user